Forums

Help › Forums

When is the BULL$HIT going to stop?

rated by 0 users
Thu, Dec 25 2014 1:17 AM (44 replies)
  • renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Thu, Mar 6 2014 12:44 PM

I have played 1 ranked round since Feb. 9th. Now I see why. Started BPB -3 then bogey bogey.  Dropped that joke, which I do not like to do. Went to SA front 9, Perfect drive of 327 a few yards from the burn. 36 to pin, 13mph tail wind. Full shot hit 30, dinged and it goes straight in the water. A new Nike with 4 hits on it. TOTAL BULL$HIT. The burn was only a couple yards away. I double checked before the shot, it was a full shot not a flop, pitch or chip. Damn shame WGT has lowered themselves to this kind of crap. First time I have bitched in a long time but this one needs said. I feel terrible for having to post something like this, but I can see why so many are getting very fed up with this nonsense. Explains a lot of top players feeling lately. Go get the new ones WGT, the old ones are either leaving or cutting way back. Damn shame. 

• opyeuclid
    6,709 Posts
    Thu, Mar 6 2014 1:11 PM

renniw52:
    36 to pin, 13mph tail wind. Full shot hit 30,

Was that with the 60 yard wedge ?  So you hit 50% power , Sorry Renni but 50% is not going 30 yards ,,  you might get 18 to 22 yards with 50% power .

OPY

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Thu, Mar 6 2014 1:28 PM

I'd have punched it...3 avatar movents from full, no spin.

• chuddlymccannon
    298 Posts
    Thu, Mar 6 2014 1:28 PM

I can understand your pain

I have lost a couple balls due to that short shot left to the pin

I use the same wedges as you and I assume there is a bug in the system

Shots that would go 40 with no spin applied only go 32-33 yds. and spin back like crazy

I try to avoid the short wedge shot to the green on that hole

• ScottHope
    10,354 Posts
    Thu, Mar 6 2014 2:34 PM

Hi Rich, I think I may have found something which might need investigating. When I hover my cursor over a couple of your wedges, it shows that they are rented and well past their rental period!...

~IMAGE DELETED~

...so does that mean you played the shot with the starter wedge disguised as a cleveland?

• phiber
    2,795 Posts
    Thu, Mar 6 2014 2:38 PM

Hey Ren, I have had that exact same thing happen to me on that same hole.  Almost like it hit an imaginary wall or something and dropped straight in the burn.  I , too have started hitting the punch shot  for that particular approach shot, it works better for me most of the time and quite frankly, it doesn't seem adversely affected by wind as much as the full shot.

Sorry you lost a ball on that one Ren, thats a bummer!

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Thu, Mar 6 2014 3:31 PM

None of my wedges are rented, have played them forever, OPY I was only a couple of yards from the burn, it was a full shot, should have cleared easy. I have hit my 50 wedge at 50% a thousand times from sand and it goes at least 20-25 yards. This shot was from the fairway and dropped dead in the water after a couple yards, no bs, no roll back, dead in. I can't scream Bull$hit loud enough. This is a first from there and a total screw up on the games part. Why would I hit any harder than that? Makes no sense. I know damn well you can't flop a second shot on SA. You will have a lost ball every single time. Just irritates me to see nonsense like this, no explanation for it. If WGT is trying to tell me to play more, they won't get my attention this way. 

• fmagnets
    3,640 Posts
    Thu, Mar 6 2014 4:27 PM

http://www.wgt.com/replay.aspx?ID=dd410ee9-3a05-4d9f-b740-a2e70005c7ec

Hate to disagree, but I tried a shot for you from 36yds. Don't know if this is exactly where you were, but the shot with 50% power of the 60yd wedge carried 22yds in a crosswind. A 13 helping wind would make 1yd difference. It is not unreasonable that from a slightly different angle, or if you applied any backspin, you would find the burn when you have carried a shot 23yds that needs to go 36. No WGT screw up, just a poorly judged shot.

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Thu, Mar 6 2014 4:38 PM

Some how you are not reading my OP. I was less than 10 yards from crossing the burn. That shot should have at least cleared the water. My ball was only 3-4 yards from the edge when I hit it.  Anything more and it always goes 10-12 yards past the pin. I have made this shot many times and it never went in the water.

• fmagnets
    3,640 Posts
    Thu, Mar 6 2014 4:58 PM

And my replay is 36yds from the pin, 3-4yds from the burn on the line of the drive, and 10yds to the burn on line with the pin, but 22yds to carry it. Are you saying it was the back pin or something? If not, you surely must have been close to my replay position.

RSS