Help › Forums

First Sub 60 round

rated by 0 users
Fri, Sep 17 2010 2:14 PM (7 replies)
  • seanobrien
    296 Posts
    Thu, Sep 16 2010 3:37 PM

Country Club Tournament - St. Andrews

Alright it was from the white tees, but I'm starting to impress myself, and I don't impress easy.

Note the ugly bogey on 11.

Since I am only about $9100 behind BolloxinBruges and $14800 behind AvatarLee in career earnings, I think these guys had better start worrying

• TarheelsRule
    5,554 Posts
    Thu, Sep 16 2010 3:39 PM

I remember when I could shoot sub 60 rounds   lol  those days are gone.

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Thu, Sep 16 2010 3:49 PM

Way to go Sean! Beauty. I shot 58 at Kiawah and was so very jazzed! Great round!

• seanobrien
    296 Posts
    Thu, Sep 16 2010 4:39 PM

I shot another good round in a ReadyGo. When I came back to Main Menu, I noticed I had moved up to legend.

So I thought let's see what all the fuss is about re Championship tees. So I played Kiawah Back 9.

WTF????

Where did those tee boxes come from and in some cases how are they on the screen.

17th - now 220yds and scary again.

18th - Good drive off tee. 230yds left. That used to be about 160yds.

etc.

Time to discard one of my 3 wedges and bring back the extra fairway wood.

It's a whole different kettle of scenarios. Shot -3 with no bogies

• pauls
    1,146 Posts
    Fri, Sep 17 2010 12:02 AM

well mate congrats on the sub 60 very nice round, commiserations on making legend,   :)

it used to be a whole new game when you made master now it's a really different game from the back tees.

• TarheelsRule
    5,554 Posts
    Fri, Sep 17 2010 11:31 AM

Yeah Kiawah is a different course.  Having played it many times in real golf,  I was always telling my WGT friends that this course wasn't this easy.  I mentioned that the tees we were on where the tees that I play when I am there (I'm mid 50's and have a handicap of around 5) and kept saying they can move them way back.  Standing on # 13 you realize what a tough shot it is from over there and 17 well I play a draw and with a wind off the ocean, you start it out about 25 feet right of the green.  Kiawah actually can stretch back to 7900 yards and is going to host the PGA, I think in 2014, be interesting to see where they have the tees and the greens can be extremely fast. 

• pricehcs
    288 Posts
    Fri, Sep 17 2010 1:15 PM

Congrats Sean - that's the stuff that keeps you coming back!

• tiffer67
    1,764 Posts
    Fri, Sep 17 2010 2:14 PM

Well done Sean on scoring a sub 60, it's a wonderful feeling. I chased my first one for ten months and it became a real monkey on my back that I couldn't shake off. Thankfully I got mine and a few others before the changes otherwise I doubt I ever would.

RSS