Help › Forums

Why WGT?

rated by 0 users
Sun, Mar 23 2014 3:07 AM (11 replies)
  • PAGES
  • DaveStrock
    919 Posts
    Fri, Mar 21 2014 4:49 PM

When I'm on the green my ball vanishes and I can't tell how far I'm away from the hole,it doesn't always happen but I'd say about half the time it does,I rely on knowing where my ball is located in relation to distance from the pin either in yards (when other players are still shooting approach shots)or feet once all players are on the green so i can plan my putt in advance,I'm aware once everyone is on the green that if my ball is in another players path to the hole it will be lifted when it's that players turn to putt but this is not the case,anyone else experiencing this???...very frustrating to say the least.......

• petulant1
    2 Posts
    Fri, Mar 21 2014 5:44 PM

can u imagine, people who are dying in a hospital think they have a problem

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Sat, Mar 22 2014 6:30 AM

petulant1:

can u imagine, people who are dying in a hospital think they have a problem

What are you blithering about fella, the OP is posting a game related comment in an online golf game's forum.

Had his post been made in a forum for Cancer Support you might have had a point.

GET REAL!        <<< see what I did there?....probably not.

• CanineSupervisor
    1,882 Posts
    Sat, Mar 22 2014 6:44 AM

Hoot awa petulant1 -

At least the troll's name ( <<< see what I said there?) suits him, P.

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Sat, Mar 22 2014 6:51 AM

DaveStrock:

When I'm on the green my ball vanishes and I can't tell how far I'm away from the hole,it doesn't always happen but I'd say about half the time it does,I rely on knowing where my ball is located in relation to distance from the pin either in yards (when other players are still shooting approach shots)or feet once all players are on the green so i can plan my putt in advance,I'm aware once everyone is on the green that if my ball is in another players path to the hole it will be lifted when it's that players turn to putt but this is not the case,anyone else experiencing this???...very frustrating to say the least.......

Speaking about multiplayer games?

IIRC your ball is being represented by a blue dot, and when you hover over it, it will tell your avatar's name and the distance to the hole. This distance will also be indicated when your approach comes to a rest.

On the green, balls are not lifted but become immaterial - virtual images in a virtual game. You'll get used to it, and no occurrence of one ball hitting an other one has been reported, thus no penalty!

• DaveStrock
    919 Posts
    Sat, Mar 22 2014 10:16 AM

Alosso,,,the point I'm trying to make is about the blue dot representing my ball once it's on the green,about half the time it is not there,,,,,,,,,,and yes that is in multiplayer games,when the blue dot is there it helps to plan my next shot (Putt) but like I said,it is no where to be found and the ball is not visible on the green while others are putting in front of me while waiting for my turn......

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Sat, Mar 22 2014 11:17 AM

Perhaps it's hidden under another coloured dot? You might hover over them to spread the cluster and see each one.

Other than that, it's a weird flaw - never heard of it. Suspicion of another betterworsening item rises...

• DaveStrock
    919 Posts
    Sat, Mar 22 2014 11:59 AM

Have tried hovering,not there...it was happening about a year ago then it was fine but happening again and yes I have cleared caches etc etc......

• geraldlarousse
    1,986 Posts
    Sat, Mar 22 2014 12:16 PM

No its a bug for sure. I know what Dave is talking about. In multi player stroke play sometimes when everyone gets on the green after the last player has hit on some of the balls will be missing.

Especially after a instant replay. If a player gets a replay the other players balls that are already on the green will be missing until their turn. Happens every time also. 

Yup been happening for as long as i can remember. Longtime bug.

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Sat, Mar 22 2014 1:34 PM

Recently I've been noticing the same thing. Only happens to me after a disconnection or a replay

• PAGES
RSS