Help › Forums

Earnings Leader

rated by 0 users
Thu, Apr 10 2014 7:17 AM (45 replies)
  • Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Wed, Apr 2 2014 2:51 PM

CerinoDevoti:

like a couple of people who work in the WGT NYC AGENCY had a contest among themselves. 

In which case we should feel sorry for him because I bet chad is beating him black and blue for being a smart a$$:

PaulTon:

Here's his answer to a wall post questioning the win.

• opyeuclid
    6,709 Posts
    Wed, Apr 2 2014 2:54 PM

CerinoDevoti:
    This seems so trivial.

Yes it is.

CerinoDevoti:
    It looks like a couple of people who work in the WGT NYC AGENCY had a contest among themselves. Perhaps it was a marketing dept energizer for the employees or a reward?

OK ,, A little in house game , Thats fine , have fun .

CerinoDevoti:
    The ones who already had accounts started new ones to enter the Tourney

Why not just put starter gear in the bag , why a new account ?

CerinoDevoti:
    I see nothing wrong with the company hosting a little give away to their own employees.

Nor do I ,  But to have rules for the game and then break the rules .

I know that there are players here in WGT land that do not play by the rules ,

But to have WGT do it makes me sad .

OPY

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Wed, Apr 2 2014 3:37 PM

After doing some research I agree with Cerino above "Not much to see here..."

Look at the logos and text at the bottom of the tournament image...

The people in the Invitational work for those companies not WGT.  Companies like HavasMedia, razorfish, etc provide media planning and buying for their clients.  They place ads for their clients.  Lets say GolfNow, as an example, has a national ad campaign to run on TV, radio, in print and on the web.  Lets say GolfNow contracts with HavasMedia for example to plan and implement the campaign.  HM works with WGT to implement the GolfNow sponsored tournament as part of the national GolfNow campaign.

This tournament was about the WGT NYC office building relationships with people in other companies who can and do supply advertising/sponsorship income to WGT.  NYC (Madison Avenue) is a huge center for advertising. 

I figure WGT setup the user accounts for all the players. One of the people already had an account so they played on a 2nd with WGT's blessing.

Its just common business practice to build relationships.

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Wed, Apr 2 2014 3:41 PM

An April's fool, or this!

I noted that all avatar names resemble real names, the tournament winner being well known in the internet.

• opyeuclid
    6,709 Posts
    Wed, Apr 2 2014 4:08 PM

andyson:
    After doing some research

Thank you Andyson . 

And I am sorry in a way ,  Since Yancy went missing I have been kind of on edge looking for paranormals and grasping at straws .

Old troll habits are hard to break also , I was doing so good on that Reformed thing .

My Bad OPY 

• LizzieRossetti
    1,545 Posts
    Thu, Apr 3 2014 3:10 AM

Well don't stop thinking that it still doesn't stink, and stop thinking that the stink isn't not stinking because you stop thinking it isn't stinking because it still stinks whatever you think.

Lizzie xx

• BeachedMulligan
    1,238 Posts
    Thu, Apr 3 2014 10:34 AM

Questions for you trolls. :)

What are the 3 wgt logos? Theres the golf one, I assume the third is baseball...but what is the third? Flag Dancing? 

Maybe its another golf logo? i dunno

• Mushy01
    2,567 Posts
    Thu, Apr 3 2014 11:06 AM

fishing ???????

• duffer19
    3,670 Posts
    Thu, Apr 3 2014 11:14 AM

wind surfing / sail boarding perhaps?

• Mushy01
    2,567 Posts
    Thu, Apr 3 2014 11:18 AM

Its blue so I'm summising its water based, and looks like someone casting a line to me  ;-)

Welcome to: wgtfishing.comThis Web page is parked for FREE

RSS