Help › Forums

wgt credits

rated by 0 users
Sun, Apr 13 2014 3:24 AM (18 replies)
  • PAGES
  • MainzMan
    9,590 Posts
    Sat, Apr 12 2014 6:41 AM

One of the American members in our CC just mentioned he's earned nearly 1,000 free credits today.  Obviously I in no way hold this against him, the credits are there for the taking so he'd be mad not to do so.

But.  It very clearly illustrates the vast difference between what is available to the US players and what is available to the rest of us.  I can earn 1,000 free credits in about 3 months at the rate they're currently available.  It would be less if the surveys ever stopped disqualifying me.

• aussieguyadam
    602 Posts
    Sat, Apr 12 2014 8:09 AM

Yep,not alot of options other then to buy credits.Add in the exchange rate usually around 90 cents to the USD 10% higher for credits,plus the international fee on card lack of tournaments and other mishaps buying balls can get quite expensive!!

Also these are the zong payment options,if ya wanted 10,000 credits you would have to sit there doing payment after payment.Would be nice to have some larger amount options like the rest of the world has.

United States...
    UK.....
  • alanliam
    232 Posts
    Sat, Apr 12 2014 9:09 AM

yes wgt why is there a difference in which country u stay in thats dam unfair.

• alanliam
    232 Posts
    Sat, Apr 12 2014 9:13 AM

• Baldace
    3,254 Posts
    Sat, Apr 12 2014 9:47 AM

I had 6 survey's today, and as usual was disqualified from 5 of them. Normally only get 3 to enter and on average get paid for about 20 %.

• ApexPC
    3,164 Posts
    Sat, Apr 12 2014 11:11 AM

alanliam:

While the Internet is International, WGT is based in the USA, and the US has the 2nd most number of Internet users.

Also take into consideration the wide variety of laws that exist in all the other countries where WGT players live that apply to various aspects of WGT like games that include wagering.

List of countries by number of Internet users

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Sat, Apr 12 2014 11:35 AM

A search on the currency rate of exchange would probably help you, then again!

• MainzMan
    9,590 Posts
    Sat, Apr 12 2014 9:58 PM

aussieguyadam:

Also these are the zong payment options,if ya wanted 10,000 credits you would have to sit there doing payment after payment.

Wow, you really don't have many Zong options do you?  I can get up to €30 worth at a time and the exchange rate works out a lot better than the actual Dollar/Euro rate.  It's a shame they stopped the bonus you used to get though.  I think it was 1% or something of whatever you just bought was put in a PayPal account and you could cash it in whenever you wanted.  I was letting mine grow a bit but they stopped doing it before I could use it.

Can you imagine how few options those poor folk on Ascension Island get?

Of course the US residents are going to get more chances to earn free credits, they're the biggest English speaking target audience out there so it's only to be expected that they have more opportunities available to them. 

It would be nice of it were a bit more proportional though.  I don't mind topping up my credits with Zong now and then but the chance to earn enough to buy a sleeve of Cally balls per week for free would be nice.

• aussieguyadam
    602 Posts
    Sun, Apr 13 2014 3:24 AM

MainzMan:

aussieguyadam:

Also these are the zong payment options,if ya wanted 10,000 credits you would have to sit there doing payment after payment.

Wow, you really don't have many Zong options do you?  I can get up to €30 worth at a time and the exchange rate works out a lot better than the actual Dollar/Euro rate.  It's a shame they stopped the bonus you used to get though.  I think it was 1% or something of whatever you just bought was put in a PayPal account and you could cash it in whenever you wanted.  I was letting mine grow a bit but they stopped doing it before I could use it.

Can you imagine how few options those poor folk on Ascension Island get?

Of course the US residents are going to get more chances to earn free credits, they're the biggest English speaking target audience out there so it's only to be expected that they have more opportunities available to them. 

It would be nice of it were a bit more proportional though.  I don't mind topping up my credits with Zong now and then but the chance to earn enough to buy a sleeve of Cally balls per week for free would be nice.

No Mainz,it is kind of limited mate.I usually pay by card,Australia has got some nice phone deals, paying by zong would work out a lot cheaper  also for me.$30 $50 packages would be nice if possible.I did check out some asian countries deals also was even more so limited, but i guess its lots to do with exchange rates :))

• PAGES
RSS