Forums

Help › Forums

How am I doing?

rated by 0 users
Sun, Apr 13 2014 9:49 AM (2 replies)
  • crabbygolfer
    21 Posts
    Sun, Apr 13 2014 9:22 AM

I enjoy playing tournaments either 'closest to the hole' or 'stroke'. Having finished a game I check the Leaderboard to see where I placed. That's fine, it tells me I'm 53rd or 2,688th or whatever. But what I would really like to know is how many other golfers have entered the same tournament. That would give me a much better idea of how I did versus other participants. If for example I was 2,688th out of 15,335 entrants I wouldn't feel quite so bad!

It would be nice to see WGT add a line to the Leaderboard page which simply says

"No. of golfers entered: XXXXX"

Anybody else feel the same way?

• alosso
    21,054 Posts
    Sun, Apr 13 2014 9:42 AM

I agree, and much more would I like to know where I am on the leaderboard in relation to my tier's competition.

I fear though that this is one more of those business secrets between the echelon of the Hold-your-Tongue tribe of San Francisco.

If you want to get to last place of a CTTH, try the inofficial FFTH competition - furthest from the hole, aiming to the side or back, good fun in a private group. Select Starter balls before beginning!

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Sun, Apr 13 2014 9:49 AM

I doubt they'll ever do it.  Too much of an indication to sponsors of how many really play a tournament.

But, to give you some idea, back in January I entered a monthly CTTH and using free balls intentionally hit in the direction opposite from the pin to give me the Farthest From The Hole total.  It was ~ 10,000 feet.  Then in February I checked where I finished, assuming I got last place it was 9,081st place.

RSS