Forums

Help › Forums

Has the game changed??

rated by 0 users
Sat, Jul 6 2024 3:42 PM (5 replies)
  • spandaloin
    1 Posts
    Mon, Apr 14 2014 8:23 PM

Just me, or has WGT tweaked things a bit? Sure seems like it. I was playing well, now 3 putting, missing greens? What gives?? Seems like the greens are less predictable, and the same goes for the wind/slope etc. Very odd. I haven't changed anything in my bag as of late. Anyone else feel this way?

Thanks!

• ApexPC
    3,164 Posts
    Tue, Apr 15 2014 11:25 AM

Nope. I don't detect any significant changes.

Same 'ol, same 'ol.

Some days you just play better than other days. Think about how many decisions you have to make, and how little room for error as far as execution goes there is to hit a good shot.

My biggest problem is not using what works best for me for timing the Ding! (Excellent) on the swing meter. My second biggest problem is not maintaining my concentration.

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Tue, Apr 15 2014 12:43 PM
    Did you clear your caches and stuff after the update? No difference noticed here.
  • cycle0
    38 Posts
    Tue, Apr 15 2014 7:21 PM

The game has indeed changed.  It is now Winter Olympic Biathlon Skiing.  Be prepared to pay major credits for ski wax, ammo, and perhaps the usual under the table 'mordida' to the Olympic judges.

• KingLouie14th
    10 Posts
    Tue, Apr 15 2014 9:29 PM

spandaloin:

Just me, or has WGT tweaked things a bit? Sure seems like it. I was playing well, now 3 putting, missing greens? What gives?? Seems like the greens are less predictable, and the same goes for the wind/slope etc. Very odd. I haven't changed anything in my bag as of late. Anyone else feel this way?

Thanks!

I also feel that way (and have at times "reported" the problem after the shot(s)), but also at times not sure if it's the game or the player (me!). I've had a lot of bad shot results with what seem like perfect shots around the green that go virtually nowhere.  I've also wondered if it gets harder (less forgiving on the shot accuracy) as you move up in tiers/levels.

Another thing - the game is free, but they want to make money of course. I'm beginning to think some of my shot results were programmed with the "let's get him to buy some balls" algorithm. Try putting some backspin on the starter balls. I would think at Level 90 I could put backspin on any ball (just like an experienced golfer).

• gulfview
    1 Posts
    Sat, Jul 6 2024 3:42 PM

I agree mate, the bloody putting algorithm has gone mental I reckon!

Lipping out all the time, and lots of 'close but no cigar' putts, far more than I used to get.

Seems to be since the past update?

As long as its the same for everyone then fair enough, but who knows...lol

RSS