Forums

Help › Forums

Cheating

rated by 0 users
Thu, Apr 17 2014 4:13 PM (21 replies)
  • zonacat
    3 Posts
    Tue, Apr 15 2014 10:51 AM

Where do I complain about players who "forfeit" on the last hole so there is no record of the match.  WGT MUST fix this issue.  Makes playing meaningless when someone just dumps out of the game.

Had a tour master beat, name was IMazzuolatore.  Scumbag forfeited on last hole right before my clinching putt.

Hey WGT, I spend money here, now I don't want to play because someone can just "forfeit".  FIX THIS!!!

• BubbaSauce
    260 Posts
    Tue, Apr 15 2014 1:52 PM

If they truly forfeited, you won. There is nothing to fix.

If they just disconnected, then your frustration is understandable.

How do you propose this problem be fixed? Remember, disconnects can be legitimate. How is the software supposed to know the difference?

It's just not as simple as you might think.

• zonacat
    3 Posts
    Tue, Apr 15 2014 1:56 PM

However, it is my understanding that a 'forfeit' prevents any record of your match beside a win or loss.  No scoring record, no advancement in tier.  Is that not correct?

• thebigeasy707
    5,885 Posts
    Tue, Apr 15 2014 3:44 PM

if they forfeit, you win and it's recorded in stats.....unless it's practice

and to forfeit isn't cheating.

• mkrizan86
    1,866 Posts
    Tue, Apr 15 2014 3:46 PM

zonacat:

However, it is my understanding that a 'forfeit' prevents any record of your match beside a win or loss.  No scoring record, no advancement in tier.  Is that not correct?

This is how match play stats work anyway. Your score isn't kept and posted, only a win or a loss is. And you were credited for the win against this player. It would be exactly the same if he played it to the end, no difference, except for the following.

From what I understand, although match play wins affected your avg and tiering up ever since the new anti sandbagging system was put in place, they changed it after a while so it only does that IF you beat your opponent all the way, but not if it forfeits. I remember a IRL friend of mine pointing out (in these forums) the fact that he was able to turn his master buddy into a tour master with only 6 forfeits on the 1st tee, without the master hitting a single ball.

I think it was great, if they actually changed the rules, so disconnections and forfeits from higher tiered players no longer tier up the lower ones. Count yourself lucky, cause you'd be a master by now, if they didn't. And you're in no condition to move back to master tees yet, neither in XP level (you'll need better gear) nor in level of skill. I don't mean to offend you in any way, but take a bit more time and play some more stroke play rounds (try some practice rounds as well, not just ranked) and you'll tier up when you'll actually be a bit more prepared for the hole distance you'll be facing as a master.

Cheers,

Matt

• CerinoDevoti
    3,232 Posts
    Tue, Apr 15 2014 4:34 PM

zonacat:

Where do I complain about players who "forfeit" on the last hole so there is no record of the match.  WGT MUST fix this issue.  Makes playing meaningless when someone just dumps out of the game.

Had a tour master beat, name was IMazzuolatore.  Scumbag forfeited on last hole right before my clinching putt.

Hey WGT, I spend money here, now I don't want to play because someone can just "forfeit".  FIX THIS!!!

I took a look at your activity history and it shows you defeated the player who's name you're not suppose to call out in a 9 hole match on CCC. Did you play more than once?

• suncity28
    1,266 Posts
    Tue, Apr 15 2014 5:16 PM

A - Your not allowed to name players in the forums (rule broken)

B - What you wrote on his profile page is abuse (rule Broken)

You also posted a topic http://www.wgt.com/forums/t/231306.aspx another rule broken.

Please explain why your account should not be banned or suspend for breaking the terms and conditions of the site players like yourself make this game a less enjoyable place for other members.

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Tue, Apr 15 2014 8:20 PM

zonacat:
     Scumbag forfeited on last hole right before my clinching putt.

Did you call 911?

What an ordeal for you man, my thoughts are with you and your family at this tough time.

• MainzMan
    9,590 Posts
    Tue, Apr 15 2014 11:39 PM

suncity28:

B - What you wrote on his profile page is abuse (rule Broken)

Please explain why your account should not be banned or suspend for breaking the terms and conditions of the site players like yourself make this game a less enjoyable place for other members.

Absolutely.  You were credited with the win so there's no need to write abuse on someone's wall.

Ironic that you cry fowl here in the forums, drawing attention to the fact that you are actually the one who has broken the rules.

I suggest you write an apology on his wall.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Wed, Apr 16 2014 1:50 AM

suncity28:

It is the OP's 1st  2nd and 3rd post - yes he has broken posting guidelines, but why did the Mods not pick this up - I assume the OP is still under moderation.

Would it not have been prudent for them to advise the OP of this rather than electing to approve the post? Just saying.....

RSS