Forums

Help › Forums

ding problems

rated by 0 users
Thu, Apr 17 2014 9:27 PM (3 replies)
  • NeilHamburger
    1 Posts
    Thu, Apr 17 2014 6:18 PM

Hi, I have been playing WGT for around a year and a half. I always played on a laptop that was around 4-5 years old and WGT ran just fine, had no problems getting the dings to hit. Recently I upgraded to a new laptop and virtually everything is improved, EXCEPT when I try to hit a shot in WGT the click takes much longer to register. For example:

http://i.imgur.com/VNgcaFt.jpg

If I try to click in the area that would produce a ding previously, the click doesn't register until about the red line that I marked. As you can imagine, it's frustrating and has made the game pretty much unplayable. I've tried using a Chrome and the result is the same.

Any chances that there is a fix for this? Thanks.

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Thu, Apr 17 2014 6:55 PM

I must say that's a pretty ugly place to play a shot from.....lol

Most people are having the same problem, although not as bad as yours with that Pic....  with the meter overshooting the ding.

I don't think there will be a fix for it any time soon.  Maybe, if you can afford it,  try to get a golf ball with a slower meter speed.

My reaction time is pretty pathetic and the slower ball meter speed I can get,  the better it is.

Or,  if you have good foregiveness clubs...   just missing the ding can also result in a good shot....   except for the red line on your Pic.

-Roger

• Squez
    469 Posts
    Thu, Apr 17 2014 7:28 PM

I recently purchased a laptop and had the same issue. It has something to do with Windows 8 and the laptop touchpad.

I plugged a mouse into the laptop and all was normal again.

Hope that helps.

• suncity28
    1,266 Posts
    Thu, Apr 17 2014 9:27 PM

2 options 

Use a mouse 

Or going into settings and change the sensitivity of the key pad.

RSS