Help › Forums

New courses

rated by 0 users
Wed, Apr 30 2014 2:58 PM (20 replies)
  • PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Mon, Apr 28 2014 4:21 AM

TDSLIMIT:
    Much Much better than any Venue I have seen over in the UK  that's for certain.

I haven't played every course in the U.K.,  I couldn't comment with any certainty, so I will bow to your experience and knowledge of UK courses.

An island green and a difficult drive on 18 you say? Wow, I take it all back.

Sawgrass is obviously a fantastic golf course but saying it's better than ANY over here is a matter of opinion, the wrong opinion...

• TDSLIMIT
    409 Posts
    Tue, Apr 29 2014 3:46 AM

Name 1 Better.  :)

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Tue, Apr 29 2014 4:06 AM

TDSLIMIT:

Name 1 Better.  :)

Sawgrass is ranked # 89 in the world by Golf Digest.  Plenty of UK courses ranked higher.

Sawgrass is ranked #58 by Golf magazine  Plenty of UK courses ranked higher.

• jmp0714
    5 Posts
    Tue, Apr 29 2014 5:03 AM

How about the "Blue Monster" in Fla.  Doral Country Club.

• zagraniczniak
    1,984 Posts
    Tue, Apr 29 2014 5:26 AM

devonnnnn:

Pinehurst will 100% be out this coming week  just so everyone is aware. 

They said May, but I suspect it will be right at the very beginning of May to allow about 6 weeks of qualifying, as has been the case in prior years.

Sawgrass. Jeez. Have to take the view here that the island green (peninsular in fact) is a gimmick that golf would be better off without. Now you've got courses where the green is literally an island and has to be reached by boat. Hard to call that progress.

It's a question of taste, obviously, but I think Pete and Alice Dye did their best work at Kiawah, where they worked out the genius of the site itself rather than mucking things up with artificial features.

• bkearnes
    788 Posts
    Tue, Apr 29 2014 7:11 AM

Kiawah use to be a great course to play, but a  while back WGT did some maintenance and since then the camera angles on most of the greens are way off. I can't play on Kiawah anymore and neither do a lot of my friends.

• bkearnes
    788 Posts
    Tue, Apr 29 2014 7:20 AM

Is it going to be like Cabo or Whistler where you have to pay to play>

• andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Tue, Apr 29 2014 10:16 AM

Kiawah is a great course, and correct the greens have ruined it in my opinion, this apparently was bought on by the introduction of the second pin placements.

bkearnes:

Kiawah use to be a great course to play, but a  while back WGT did some maintenance and since then the camera angles on most of the greens are way off. I can't play on Kiawah anymore and neither do a lot of my friends.

• TDSLIMIT
    409 Posts
    Tue, Apr 29 2014 1:47 PM

Still haven't named one better.  :)

• DAZZA501
    5,972 Posts
    Tue, Apr 29 2014 2:12 PM

Sawgrass is too short for Wgt. Players here would murder it.

TDSLIMIT:
    Still haven't named one better.  :)

Wentworth. Loch Lomond. There you go, i named 2.

RSS