Forums

Help › Forums

How to hit it further?

rated by 0 users
Sun, Jul 5 2009 5:52 AM (39 replies)
  • stashy4
    1 Posts
    Tue, Jun 16 2009 10:34 AM

so is there a way to hit it further?  i don't anyone has addressed this question.

• baxter01
    3 Posts
    Tue, Jun 16 2009 12:46 PM

I have just broken into Pro tier. I invited a couple of my friend to play . One is amateur, and the other a hack.granted i'm playing from the white tee's but to have both of them out drive me as a pro is ridiculous . thinking of quiting and finding another sight , Yours truly,  pissed off

• BGubser
    1 Posts
    Wed, Jun 17 2009 7:29 PM

My issue isn't with driving distance.  It IS true, by the way, that an average golfer drives 220-230.  All you fellas claiming you watch "most" golfers tee off 250 yards at your local course are either members at a TPC course or you have a terrible judge for distance and have been overestimating your own distance for years.  Yes, many golfers hit the ball 250+, but many more can barely get past 200.

My issue with this game is the crap yardage you get with your irons.  The duffiest hacker I know gets more than 112 out of a 9 iron.  Christ, I hit a PW 125, and I'm not that good a golfer.  I can live with a 240 yard drive, but a 215 yd 3W hit perfect off the fairway is garbage.  If I didn't have to use 4i from 175 out, maybe I could acuatlly HOLD some of the greens on Bethpage Black.

Also, the way the game robs distance for being in trouble is completely un-realistic.  You can hit a great mid-iron out of the sand and it isn't that hard.  Taking a 3W out of the 1st cut is often easier than on the fairway cause you can get down into the ball. etc. etc.

All signs point to LAAAAMEE!!!

• SteveKostoff
    2 Posts
    Thu, Jun 18 2009 7:43 AM

There is no way the average player hits it 250......  sorry dude.  Not even close

• SteveKostoff
    2 Posts
    Thu, Jun 18 2009 7:47 AM

I play mini tour golf all over north america... and most of us only fly it like 275, so any "average" player hitting it 250 is ridiculous... Maybe the course you play at has all the yardages wrong... Sorry to burst your bubble...

• Thetruth67
    158 Posts
    Thu, Jun 18 2009 10:51 AM

Steve

Damn the 300 yards.....I want to know what is their driving accuracy.  I hit pretty big drives but I would guess my driving accuracy to be about 25%.  I would gladly hit the ball 240 and be in the center of the fairway 90+% of the time.

• bu11dog
    6 Posts
    Thu, Jun 18 2009 11:50 AM

Steve,

You are just proving my point.  You say the average mini tour pro flys it 275. I earned pro designation and can only average 225 and that includes roll.  Maybe I over exaggerated when I said the "average golfer" could hit it at least 250.  I was thinking more along the lines of your average competitive golfer or in my case amateur.  I'll give you that one as it was my mistake for the way I phrased my argument, but my basic point remains the same which is that the game isn't realistic.  It is not realistic to think that the average pro or competitive amateur averages 225 in driving distance or  hits it 137 with a 7 iron.

• grebe
    1 Posts
    Tue, Jun 23 2009 5:16 PM

the whole problem here is not that you can only hit it 225, but the fact that you cant move up to where you can reach the friggin fairway!  Anybody with a head about them would know that if you have to carry 250 to reach the fairway, but you can only hit it 225 needs to move up a coupld tee boxes.  Who cares what the average golfer hits it, the average golfer has no business playing from the tips. 

I have been playing a ton thinking that as I move up, my distance would improve.  Now I find out that isnt going to happen, I am pretty po'd.  Oh well, not like i paid for it or anyhing.

• KPNG
    4 Posts
    Sat, Jun 27 2009 12:15 AM

I guess what they should do in the game program is make it much more difficult to strike the ball well or perfectly, but have the difference in distances obtained between good and poor strikes much greater. The same goes for club upgrades. they should be less forgiving but much more potential (distance and accuracy wise) than the basic sets. That would be like real-life - blades vs cavity back, graphite vs steel.

• gatornavysailor
    1 Posts
    Sun, Jul 5 2009 5:52 AM

Hey guys, he is right, new clubs do make a diff, just like he said, practive, practice, practice.

The shots are there, I'm still not great, or even good on BB, but getting there. I've gotten a birdie and even

a eagle on BB #1, so it can be done. Hang in there, it will come. And yes I did get the new clubs. Have fun

and God bless

RSS