Forums

Help › Forums

NO "Views Earned Today"

rated by 0 users
Wed, May 28 2014 11:21 AM (22 replies)
  • lonniescott711
    4,204 Posts
    Thu, May 22 2014 9:34 AM

This has been going on , since mid March . LG wont respond back , or award credits either . Its just a lost cause . WGT is aware as well , but its out of their control , since its not their servers .

• fanforce
    11 Posts
    Thu, May 22 2014 1:08 PM

lonniescott711:

This has been going on , since mid March . LG wont respond back , or award credits either . Its just a lost cause . WGT is aware as well , but its out of their control , since its not their servers .

If WGT contracts with LG to serve WGT's customers, then WGT almost certainly has some control, Lonnie.

I have no knowledge of the specifics of the agreement between the two companies. I do have enough experience with Internet company BS - from the inside and as a consumer -  to know that throwing hands up and declaring 'It's not our fault, nothing we can do' has become the prevalent fall back position. That is...IF there's any communication at all from the offending parties. In this instance, WGT is the website of origin and therefore is, IMO, responsible for acting in an adult and responsible manner. Asking too much? 

Whenever I read that a company isn't in some way responsible for troubleshooting content/activity in which people interact from a root website, particularly one that offers memberships (in this instance origination is WGT dot com), well, let's just say I have a different ethic and expectation than some folks.

WGT, in my own twisty view of the world, has an obligation to work with the organization with which they have contracted to provide service to their customers, AND, communicate with their customers about issues that affect their customers over an extended period, such as the LG issue. I don't need programmer-speak details (though it would be cool, I know from experience that ain't happening - ever).

I would like, and in fact expect, simple and regular communication en masse; that WGT is on the ball, realizes the inconvenience to their customers, there will be some form of compensation (heck, throw every account-holder a decent sleeve of balls) and apologizes for it. Used to be common courtesy. 

That's how I operated when I worked in e-commerce. I fought the good fight inside the company because, bottom line, our paychecks were dependent upon satisfying our customers. It's good business sense. And it's the proper course of action. IMO, of course.

I realize that redirection from a main website to outside sites is complicated, philosophically as well as from a programming standpoint. Truly I do.

Regardless, WGT and the many organizations whose primary focus is to expand their customer base, in lieu of also seeking to retain customers in a meaningful way - which among other things requires financing a decent customer service team - appears to be the new normal. 

I hate it.

But I have the option to stop visiting WGT - which I have done for significant periods - so the bottom line responsibility is with the individual user as to who/what/where each person spends their time.

I think I just had an argument with myself...no winner declared yet.  8*)

• KellyGreer
    448 Posts
    Thu, May 22 2014 1:16 PM

As I said earlier.............try it ONE TIME each day.  If it doesn't work - move on and get credits elsewhere.

If enough people do that, sooner or later, Live Gamer will HAVE to notice the reduction in views per day, week, or month has drastically gone down.

• ISH47
    1,963 Posts
    Thu, May 22 2014 2:08 PM

lonniescott711:
    Its just a lost cause .

You may well be right, but I hope not.. My WGT life might depend on it. The last couple of weeks I've been getting 75 credits per day from this alone. I hardly ever qualify for surveys and even that has gotten worse this week. About the only thing I can count on now are the videos that show up late at night. I don't know what I'm going to do..

• navigater
    1,319 Posts
    Thu, May 22 2014 2:32 PM

Wgt code writer's work part time at live gamer.I think.May be wrong,but make's sense to me.lol

• ApexPC
    3,164 Posts
    Fri, May 23 2014 8:22 AM

Day 4 - of latest no credits given for "5 view(s)" videos.

• ISH47
    1,963 Posts
    Fri, May 23 2014 9:46 AM

I was getting some just now.. not the 5 view variety, but 2-3.. better than nothing.

• golfvader7
    1,822 Posts
    Fri, May 23 2014 12:51 PM

Lots of luck.........WGT, LG, PL, TP........they are all in bed together! Never get satisfaction when it comes to credits.......

• CanonGuy
    6 Posts
    Sun, May 25 2014 6:23 PM

Agree with you completely. I've had LG issues from time to time, and I always reeport to both WGT and LG. I give them examples and have learned to screen capture before's and after's to prove my point. If they respond at all, it is to tell me to clear Flash Cache and try other browsers. I've learned their speech well, and always try that before complaining. I agree that this is their (wgt) game, and anything that happens through or by their partners is their deal, certainly not mine. That they always try to shift the burden tells me volumes about wgt. So, they absolve themselves from responsibility, then I refrain from playing as much. I refuse to help them make money if they decline to resolve gaming and credit issues from what I consider broken promises. Probably broken contracts, but haven't gone there, just yet.  I've had issues on other crediting services withing wgt, but none so bad as LG. At the end of the day, they will lose if enough people get fed up with their scamming. One or two complaints won't get us there. Good luck!

• TopShelf2010
    10,899 Posts
    Wed, May 28 2014 2:40 AM

RSS