Forums

Help › Forums

You can Help out with this easy question

rated by 0 users
Mon, Jun 2 2014 9:58 AM (45 replies)
  • JFidanza
    1,676 Posts
    Sun, May 25 2014 2:23 AM

I think WGT is a complex game, and it is a great pastime that makes you use your head while providing a realistic golf simulation.

Don't you enjoy this program?

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Sun, May 25 2014 2:59 AM

You think too much.

• andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Sun, May 25 2014 5:33 AM

Must be related to Golfingjman, he writes way too much.

A level 98 tour pro, couldn't make it up.....

PaulTon:

You think too much.

• JFidanza
    1,676 Posts
    Sun, May 25 2014 3:52 PM

Try using a starter ball for 99.7% of your games as I do.

I used a proshop ball a few times, with a only a moderate spin/distance/slow meter around a 2 rating - Less than HALF the rating of andwhy's beloved NIKE Platinum balls and it was like flipping a switch on that said: 'Land ball within 6 ft or less of the hole'.

No lie, it felt like I was riding a Tricycle with training wheels.

And PaulTon- for just a few credits more, look into an even better Callaway ball that will help you tie your shoes in the morning.

-----

If you've noticed all my other posts, and if you have so much perception about things, you would have read and figured out that I've remained at 'tour pro' by choice. Is that not obvious? It's quite simple to do as well. (I think you actually might know this to be true) See my average just before the point of turning Master. Funny how that is, huh?

I don't post high scores on purpose, I just don't put 300% of the effort I could right now.

edit: my 

Skill Challenge Avg. Score 337.04

The common meme that to move up in tier is the be-all-end-all in WGT is not my only goal at all. Why would it be, anyway? I think that's a little myopic for all the other permutations available in WGT. The time will come in the future, rest assured.

Where is that stated that that's what the game is about?

I don't judge how good you are at hitting, there is something that I've learned from this game, that seems to be not so common apparently, and that's something called Modesty and Couth, how about Humility ? I'm not a hack in that tier. 

ok I'm wrong and you're right. 

Should I be encouraged to have your attitude: defamatory ? na

• "A kid grows up a lot faster on the golf course. Golf teaches you how to behave." - Jack Nicklaus 
    1. PaulTon
      10,731 Posts
      Sun, May 25 2014 3:59 PM

Nice editing, Uncle Joe.

2. JFidanza
      1,676 Posts
      Sun, May 25 2014 4:07 PM

I did it to please you, Limey! It looks like it may have worked. 

3. opyeuclid
      6,709 Posts
      Sun, May 25 2014 4:12 PM

iaaVR ( R) ft 

4. alexk345
      1,148 Posts
      Sun, May 25 2014 5:34 PM

Its awesome game. I think if you give to monkey a phone  it do not know what to do with it. 

It is kinda tool and entertainment.

I also use this forum for psychology.

The real reason i like this game because its responsiveness and i do not have to wait long time to play.

Fast golf engine. Can it be better? , ofcourse. If they only listen to my ideas. My ideas cost Nike balls. i think WGT is stingy.

"Think too much". I do not think so. It all depends how they feel about it.

5. MBaggese
      15,367 Posts
      Sun, May 25 2014 5:42 PM

You'd quote Jack:

JFidanza:
      "A kid grows up a lot faster on the golf course. Golf teaches you how to behave." - Jack Nicklaus 

And say this:

JFidanza:
      you would have read and figured out that I've remained at 'tour pro' by choice. Is that not obvious? It's quite simple to do as well.

Makes one wonder why?

6. JFidanza
      1,676 Posts
      Sun, May 25 2014 6:01 PM

It's simply a choice. A prerogative. Look at my stats! I haven't mastered the game perhaps to the level that everyone else has.  I beg forgiveness. If this game was any more of a challenge to me it would give me a headache. That is no lie. Speaking for myself. 

I'm not playing for creds, sandbagging is not the motive.

The quote by Jack, IMO, is not about growing up by advancing in tier; it's not about learning to hit a better ball at all. It's about decorum, and I haven't mastered that, yet, to be honest. 

If there is something to learn from the people here about that aspect, please feel free to clue me in because I'm some evil monster for 'thinking too much', according to some of the experts on WGT, it seems. 

But looking at my progression and data, I'm remarkably better at the game than I was 3 weeks ago. If it doesn't meet up to the expectation of others, then that's just the way it is.

RSS