Help › Forums

Weird game.

rated by 0 users
Sun, Jun 1 2014 12:25 PM (1 replies)
  • jdcote
    18 Posts
    Sun, Jun 1 2014 1:05 AM

I'm not sure what happened.

Played in a Bracket tourney that was listed as "slow winds", and green speeds, "very fast". The first match played that way. In the second match, it all changed. The winds were suddenly 18-20 mph and from various directions and the green speed changed to "Tournament" speed.

Well, OK, I adapted and played well, 2 under par. The third match changed again. My opponent dropped out and I moved on.

The 4th match was just plain bizarre! I had putted excellently the first 3 matches with NO 3 putts. Suddenly, I found that my cursefr was surging. It caused me to shank a ball into the sand, but I recovered and pitched the ball to within 2 yards of the green (absolute LUCKY shot). T

The putgt lined up easily, (downhill 2 inches with a little break) I tapped the ball at the approp. speed and as it came to the cup, it suddenly sped up, lipped 180 degrees aroyund the cup and shot out nearly 8 feert away! A total of 15 feet of travel from a putt less than 5 feet away. I thought that I had bumped the setting up to the 60 foot increment, so I double checked this time, lined up, putted and it happened again. I ended up 4 putting the hole.

The rest of this match was more of the same. Sudden wind surges and gusts. One drive I hit NEVER BOUNCED! It hit the fairway, which was level and STUCK. I was having visions of someone at WGT with a magic joystick playing little jokes on me.

It would have been funny, except that this was my first chance at actually winning a match. I had played very well in the previous game and could think of no explaination for what happened. The game timed out on me just as I was getting ready to pitch onto the green at 18. I was on my way to a possible 2 over par game, and who knows, my first win.

I know this all sounds like an excuse for a loss, but it isn't. If anyone has an explaination, I'd love to hear it and if it's something I'm doing wrong, I'd lover to correct it

Thanks for hearing me out, and for any help. I really enjoy this game, as I don't move around well and entertainment is rather limited on a DV Pension.

• TopShelf2010
    10,899 Posts
    Sun, Jun 1 2014 12:25 PM

RSS