Forums

Help › Forums

WGT helper

Wed, Jun 4 2014 5:35 PM (17 replies)
  • PAGES
  • alexk345
    1,148 Posts
    Sun, Jun 1 2014 12:43 PM

i am thinking of helper tool for WGT. I find WGTnotes useless because there is no general notes section and also u have to play solo stroke play to add notes. Basically i wasted money.

Now i am thinking of creating my own NOTES for WGT. 

So fire away your needs....I will incorporate them. Final product may not be FREE. :)

• jsweetcr
    1,209 Posts
    Sun, Jun 1 2014 1:23 PM

Not that you couldn't make your own if you wanted and even try and sell, it is free enterprise and all, but someone already did one.

Daddyskat made one, give her a shout, may save you some time.

sidenote: she gave hers away for free too, so she kind of messed up the market place for a notebook you have to buy

• alexk345
    1,148 Posts
    Sun, Jun 1 2014 3:22 PM

Can it be usable inside the game?

• jsweetcr
    1,209 Posts
    Sun, Jun 1 2014 3:28 PM

have no idea, i don't have it. I'm not ambitious enough to take notes. See if you can contact her

• jigglybutt
    208 Posts
    Sun, Jun 1 2014 4:20 PM

Sweet, with your advice I can add a few extra strokes to my game?? Who is gonna want notes from alex?  :) Same guy who is asking in the forums with help with putting, crosswinds and almost every other aspect of the game. 

Only makes sense someone who can't figure out the game is trying to offer help for other people's needs. Focus on helping yourself first alex before you try to help others.  Generally people who teach or try to help know what they are doing first. And you do not know what your doing, pretty safe to say.

With that being said, I would love to possibly spend money to buy notes from a guy who can't putt or thinks shots from 140 + out are "lottery" shots hahaha.  Your so delusional it's getting to be too much. give your head a shake,  pay for notes from you? You couldn't pay people to use "your" notes. Comical as all hell!

Are your notes going to say anything 140 + is impossible or lottery? :) This thread was good for a laugh and a half!

• DaddysKat
    3,554 Posts
    Sun, Jun 1 2014 6:02 PM

alexk345:

Can it be usable inside the game?

Yes it can ... it was written in Excel ver 2007, and runs on both the Windows machine and Mac with Excel 365.

I haven't bothered keeping it up to date.  The plan was to release it as shareware ... that means if you like it and use it, you pay for it (with a sleeve of golf balls).  I guess only 10 people actually use it ... I only received 10 sleeves of golf balls for that release.

As for writing something useful for everyone, you'll need to put together a workable database ... SQL Lite is okay ... just is a memory hog.  So is MySQL ... and you need to get a license to use it on a deployed program.

XML is free ... takes up a ton of memory (dynaset) but really works well.  You'll need to setup an XML database for each course ... and watch the data you are saving.

Whatever you choose, remember you're sharing the user's memory with the other open applications ... don't be a memory hog!

Good luck, Alex ... it's a lot of hard work putting together an ap you can market and deploy.  

Kat ♥

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Sun, Jun 1 2014 9:42 PM
    A pencil and paper works for me. It never fails.
  • DaddysKat
    3,554 Posts
    Mon, Jun 2 2014 9:30 AM

courteneyfish:
    A pencil and paper works for me. It never fails.

It does when you break your writing hand, Courteney!  

Well the pencil and paper don't  ... just the legibility of what gets written ... for a while at least!

• alexk345
    1,148 Posts
    Mon, Jun 2 2014 10:24 AM

My software will cost you 40bucks. :)

Its adobe air based window app but visible inside the WGT golf screen. So no need to alt tab to find stuff. 

My idea is not as much WGT but i am writing general purpose notes refererence app. You can save all the data in local pc. 

Edit hole info. 

if i have 100 people signup , i develop. 

Feature set depends on what people looking for. 

At present its lots of tabs and tables

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Tue, Jun 3 2014 4:07 AM

alexk345:

My software will cost you 40bucks. :)

if i have 100 people signup , i develop. 

Good to see you are suitably dressed to pitch this idea to us Alex.

• PAGES
RSS