Forums

Help › Forums

Want to upgrade

rated by 0 users
Wed, Jun 18 2014 2:47 PM (20 replies)
  • jpmor11
    13 Posts
    Fri, Jun 13 2014 8:25 AM

I'm still playing with the starter clubs I got when I began.  I'm really getting tired of hitting my drives 220 though.  I can't even play some of the courses because I can't reach the green in two.  Any thoughts on how best to proceed?  I'm on level 45 with about 2200 credits.  Wouldn't mind buying a few more if I need to.

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Fri, Jun 13 2014 1:11 PM

hi

I would check the proshop and see what clubs you are interested in. We have a wide variety of clubs with variety of distance, clubhead speed/ease of use. You can also read reviews of the clubs to help you decide.

-wgticon

• ScottHope
    10,358 Posts
    Fri, Jun 13 2014 1:39 PM

You can use my tables if you wish, sortable & filterable using the buttons in the top row.

The club and ball names in the 1st column of each table are hyperlinked to the relevant pages in the pro shop.

• cdefghi
    2,872 Posts
    Fri, Jun 13 2014 1:49 PM

Your options at lvl 45 won't get you to higher lvl's, say 80's without buying another driver if you buy what's available to you now.  My suggestion would be to be patient and play as much as you can to get to lvl 48 and buy the Taylormade  white with Aldila shaft that can get you all the up to the back tees and beyond.  Your stats show you could use some help hitting more greens and getting closer to the hole, and also you'll be needing a better putter to improve your putting stats.

All the reviews for that driver say it will get you to the 80 lvl's, so you'll be able to save credits for better irons and a putter if you don't waste the credits you have now on a driver that will need to be upgraded before you reach those higher lvl's.

• johnabel1234
    146 Posts
    Fri, Jun 13 2014 2:25 PM

get the l 41 r11s 3 wood that will be a lot better than the driver you have now,use it for driver and 3 wood very good club.will last till level 80s. 695 credits good investment.

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Fri, Jun 13 2014 10:33 PM

This!

and two custom wedges, e.g. ATV lvl 39.

Be aware that the Master tier is lurking @67 average. It pulls you back one tee, longer shots requiring longer, better clubs!

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Sat, Jun 14 2014 1:08 AM

ScottHope:

You can use my tables if you wish, sortable & filterable using the buttons in the top row.

The club and ball names in the 1st column of each table are hyperlinked to the relevant pages in the pro shop.

This is great to compare everything.   The most important thing would be to get a good Driver or a Driver that hits the ball long enough to get you past the Rough on some of the courses....  Then go from there.

• ECBonus
    743 Posts
    Sat, Jun 14 2014 8:08 AM

If you can wait the L48 R1 will be the last driver you will need till Legend, its pricey but in the long run cheaper than buying 2 or 3 along the way.

• terwyl1
    1,011 Posts
    Sat, Jun 14 2014 8:11 AM

Hello your tables are very good. WGT claim to not want people to lose interest but the ridiculous number of points required to jump levels over 80 are enough to do so.

In my particular case I do not think that I can improve greatly until I can get one of the three drivers that averages 287 yards, and they are not available until at least level 96.

Is there any way to get one earlier?

Thanks

• ScottHope
    10,358 Posts
    Sat, Jun 14 2014 10:58 AM

Thank you for the compliment terwyl1.

You have clubs that are very capable of getting you higher up, but I feel you would benefit more from exchanging your hybrid for a third wedge, rather than upgrading a perfectly good driver.

RSS