Forums

Help › Forums

Who am I ?

Sun, Sep 15 2024 1:01 AM (2,585 replies)
  • ScottHope
    10,312 Posts
    Sat, Sep 14 2024 12:44 AM

Zzyzx01:
    I always enjoy when you post one of these Scott, but my gray matter doesn't  seem to be wired right to figure them out.   I've never seen The Chase, in fact, never heard of it.  I had to do a Google search, but it didn't help.

Looking forward to the next one.

...henry

Thanks Henry. There are so many different TV shows, celebrities and objects around the world that I could use for these little puzzles, it is inevitable that some of you, and I, will not be familiar with them, and I'm sure there is nothing wrong with your wiring Henry.  ; )

• craigswan
    31,512 Posts
    Sat, Sep 14 2024 7:01 AM
    Scott Hope - you could not meet a nicer , more helpful guy . But when he can only get 6 or so people joining in his efforts you know this forum is almost dead . ----- Use it or lose it folks .
  • ScottHope
    10,312 Posts
    Sat, Sep 14 2024 8:39 AM

Thanks Craig, your cheque (or digital equivalent) is in the post / ether.  : ))

It would be a shame if this forum disappeared because there is a lot of info here, if only you can find it. I'm not sure how easily you can find things on Discord but I'd rather search on here than there.

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,632 Posts
    Sat, Sep 14 2024 12:44 PM

Zzyzx01:

I always enjoy when you post one of these Scott, but my gray matter doesn't seem to be wired right to figure them out.

I was thinking the same, especially when Scott's skill at making quizzes trickier is evolving faster than AI. 😆

Zzyzx01:

I've never seen The Chase, in fact, never heard of it. I had to do a Google search, but it didn't help.

Me, either. It isn't airing in my area.

ScottHope:
    It would be a shame if this forum disappeared because there is a lot of info here, if only you can find it. I'm not sure how easily you can find things on Discord but I'd rather search on here than there.

Agreed 💯%.  

Almost everything I know about the game, I learned from these forums. Back in the day, a lot of skilled players used to share their techniques here for free. Those posts are still here somewhere, just buried deep. And of course, there were a lot of people asking technical stuff, too. Now there's almost none, which probably means there are no genuine new users coming in; they're all previous users creating new accounts.

↓↓ Cheers, Scott! Looking forward to the next one. ↓↓

• craigswan
    31,512 Posts
    Sat, Sep 14 2024 5:04 PM
    These questions are a classic in the British version of The Chase. They left Bradley in stitches for quite a while! Can you get all of them right? Scroll down for answers. -------- 1. In what part of Wales is Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch? A. Pembrokeshire B. Wye Valley C. Anglesey -------- 2. In 2011, 'Happy Mondays' lead singer Shaun Ryder released his autobiography called 'Twisting My...' what? A. Banana B. Melon C. Plums ---------- 3. Neurologist Oliver Sacks's book of case studies is titled 'The Man Who Mistook His Wife for a...' what? A. Hat B. Tree C. Pork Chop ---------- 4. According to the saying, what must you not "let under the tent"? A. The camel's hump B. The camel's nose C. The camel's toe --------- 5. What name is adopted by actors in the British theatre who wish to remain anonymous? A. Alan Smithee B. Roderick Jaynes C. Walter Plinge --------- 6. The giant *** that was placed on the fourth plinth in Trafalgar Square in 2013 is what colour? A. Red B. White C. Blue --------- 7. In Thomas Hardy's novel 'Far from the Madding Crowd', who goes to get married at the wrong church? A. Fanny Robin B. Fanny Sparrow C. Fanny Thrush -------- 8. In 2015, the third party US Presidential candidate had what name? A. Doz Balls B. Deez Nuts C. Dem Plums --------- 9. What is the cartoon character, Andy Capp, known as in Germany? A. Dick Tingeler B. Helmut Schmacker C. Willi Wakker -------- And best of all... 10. In what sport does Fanny Chmelar compete in Germany? A. Swimming B. Show Jumping C. Skiing
  • ScottHope
    10,312 Posts
    Sun, Sep 15 2024 1:01 AM

SimonTheBeetle:
    I was thinking the same, especially when Scott's skill at making quizzes trickier is evolving faster than AI. 😆

Heehee, it's all down to Blender & Audacity really but I'll take some of the credit for pressing the buttons. Cheers Simon.  ; )

SimonTheBeetle:
    Me, either. It isn't airing in my area.

Oh, sorry about that Simon.

Craig, I have seen the episodes where those questions popped up so I won't answer them, but watching Bradley attempting to read something while trying to keep his hysterics under control is hilarious.  : ))

RSS