Forums

Help › Forums

Week 41 Multiround

rated by 0 users
Mon, Oct 11 2010 6:09 PM (3 replies)
  • bigdaddie1
    2,694 Posts
    Thu, Oct 7 2010 4:22 PM

Played MR round one today, and could not understant why I could not make a putt. Every shot was 2/3 feet short, even downhill. I played to hole #11 before I realized that it was on Pro tees and fast greens. Any other Masters see this issue today? The final score was registered on the Master tier leaderboard.

• nosson
    3 Posts
    Fri, Oct 8 2010 6:16 AM

OMG I am so glad I found your post.  I just played my Round 2 of the Week 41 MR and I went completely ape when I left my birdie-putt short on #1, double-bogeyed #2 and continued to make 3 bogeys and only one birdie on the front nine.  After missing an easy birdie on 10 and finding myself on my 7th shot on #11 I wisely withdrew from the tournament before giving myself a heart attack.  I am still seeing red and my blood pressure is through the roof. 

It's funny because I shot a 62 in Round 1 and was hoping to place in the top 10 (could've been current #1 with a meager 68). 

I clearly remember checking the green speeds and they said "tournament" -- as usual so I am not sure if I am having the same issue as you or just a bad day.  In any event, this was my worst WGT experience ever and am considering taking a permanent break from WGT for a while.  If anyone else finds that something was "off" about this tournament please let me know.   

• TWOMINUSONE
    2,580 Posts
    Mon, Oct 11 2010 3:45 PM

All i can say is, why is it when i play a multiround i do well,ish. But when i play a single play round im hitting balls OB, into bunkers, and generally taking 3-4 shots to get it down when im on the green. This happens with the same wind conditions and green speeds. Always happens. Extremely fu**ing annoyed with this.

• hoochlah
    81 Posts
    Mon, Oct 11 2010 6:09 PM

hm i thought it was just me suffering horribly on the single plays and multi rounds lol. ive had the exact same fate recently - dont know whats up with that.

RSS