Help › Forums

hi my first post.

rated by 0 users
Mon, Aug 4 2014 2:08 AM (9 replies)
  • heffster
    8 Posts
    Fri, Aug 1 2014 5:23 PM

hi all

i joined the game a few years ago but for reasons i am unaware i didn't play for long.
    i had a couple of questions about the game if anyone could be kind enough to respond i ty in advance.
    how do the ratings work ?? i see we have an average score but what are the requirements of moving up the ranks from pro to tour pro and so on ??. 

also about country clubs i have tried to join some but dont seam to get any response or maybe its me doing something wrong when trying to join then am i missing something  i how to join.

i love the game now that i have started playing again  

hope to meet you all for a game along the way

ty

• WGTadmin
    1,166 Posts
    Sat, Aug 2 2014 10:33 AM

Welcome back to WGT.

1) In regards to Averages and Tiers, please review the following:

We use an algorithm to determine when a player is eligible to move to a new tier as well as computing the average, which takes into account a number of factors including number of ranked games played.  These numbers scale by tier, so it's necessary to shoot a lower average to advance and to play more games to reach higher tiers.  For example, when you reach Tour Master, you will need to play a larger number of ranked rounds than you had as a Master, maintaining a low average, to tier up to Legend.

Additionally, in response to WGT player feedback about sandbagging (misrepresenting one's true ability to gain advantage by playing at a lower tier from closer tee boxes), WGT is using more than just ranked stroke play scores to determine each player's average score and appropriate tier ranking.

For obvious reasons, WGT is not sharing exact details of these changes, but they include factoring in scores from players who perform well in tournaments and challenge games for credits. We still encourage the community's feedback on Sandbagging, but believe this is an important step to reducing the practice and keeping the game fair.

Finally, most of our top players have posted close estimates for players to try to gauge their progress in advancing tiers. Here is a good thread to read:

http://www.wgt.com/forums/p/9085/707139.aspx#707139

2) Country Club invites: You are likely not doing anything wrong. Some clubs just do not want new members. The following link is the CC Forum where clubs looking for members go and vice versa. You may want to post on there that you are looking for a club. Or start your own.

http://www.wgt.com/forums/18550.aspx

• Steven1163
    2,912 Posts
    Sat, Aug 2 2014 2:16 PM

Belated welcome to WGT heffster!!  There's a section over in the right column that will explain all the qualifications for each level.  its mainly about shooting consistent scores to drop your average to a certain level along with playing a certain amount of ranked rounds to raise your tier from pro to tour pro.

I see if you have joined a good club...but, if you don't feel comfortable in that club, we'd love to have you give our club, Pirates Hideaway Golf Club a shot. 

I sent you a friend invite also....would love to play some rounds with you anytime!!

Happy hitting!!

~Streven~

• heffster
    8 Posts
    Sat, Aug 2 2014 2:36 PM

ty for the help.

ive added you steven tyvm.

ive been playing a few ranked games but mostly 9 holes do these count or do they have to be 18 holes.

again ty for all the help so far. 

• spdemon
    1,588 Posts
    Sat, Aug 2 2014 9:57 PM

heffster:
    ive been playing a few ranked games but mostly 9 holes do these count or do they have to be 18 holes

9 help and do it faster than 18 but best of par 3's and 5's do nothing to help advance 

• Steven1163
    2,912 Posts
    Sun, Aug 3 2014 1:25 AM

spdemon:

heffster:
    ive been playing a few ranked games but mostly 9 holes do these count or do they have to be 18 holes

9 help and do it faster than 18 but best of par 3's and 5's do nothing to help advance 

good  pointing that out spdemon....I sometimes forget to tell people that...but, yea..9 holes can drop your avg faster than 18. 

good catch spdemon!!

~Steven~

• heffster
    8 Posts
    Sun, Aug 3 2014 5:11 AM

ty 

• spdemon
    1,588 Posts
    Sun, Aug 3 2014 10:14 AM

Steven1163:

spdemon:

heffster:

good  pointing that out spdemon....I sometimes forget to tell people that...but, yea..9 holes can drop your avg faster than 18. 

good catch spdemon!!

~Steven~

:)

• WGTyphoon
    597 Posts
    Sun, Aug 3 2014 4:59 PM

Good to see players help each other out.

• SHRUDE
    5,835 Posts
    Mon, Aug 4 2014 2:08 AM

WGTadmin:
    Here is a

&

WGTadmin:
    The following link is the

Excellent and informative helpful post with added help on directions for further help/ resources.

Nice one WGTAdmin

RSS