Forums

Help › Forums

UEL Ryder Cup @ Pinehurst: Sep20-Oct13

Fri, Oct 17 2014 4:57 PM (366 replies)
  • JJ656
    1,858 Posts
    Thu, Sep 18 2014 3:35 PM

It's looking like the U.S. may kick it off on Saturday, 4pm WGT time, with a win from group D:)

• devonnnnn
    1,085 Posts
    Thu, Sep 18 2014 4:40 PM

Hi, for Group A I have yet to hear from anyone so I will send a PM to everyone to see where things stand. As of now tho after 1:00pm EST on saturday I am free to play

edit: I just sent everyone in group A match a PM asking what times was good for them.

• fredsf
    1,460 Posts
    Thu, Sep 18 2014 5:25 PM

In game F everything is set up for Sunday 11:00 PST - 1:00pm CST - 8:00pm in Germany ;)

it appears that this meeting will look like a banquet! MM brings the wine, I'll bring the salami and the bread. Wes, will have the foie gras he got from a french friend (black market I guess)

I told you, all but a golf game is coming up! But finally who cares about holes and balls when there are just males around? (bad boy Fred!)

Fred

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Fri, Sep 19 2014 5:24 AM

Here is the current status on our 6 week 1 Fourballs matches.

We are now just waiting on scheduling for Match A & Match E.

Thank you everyone for jumping in and getting things organized between yourselves. It's really nice for me (especially in a busy real-life week!) not to have to send out and track progress on 23 different PM threads :)

-----------------------------------------

Week 1 (from Sat 9/20 to Mon 9/29) :: FourBall (Best Ball) series with a set of six matches to be played over 9 holes (the front 9 at Pinehurst #2)  :: Match Conditions:

Pinehurst #2 :: 4-Player Strokeplay :: Practice Mode :: Front 9 :: default Pins :: Blue (Hard) tees :: Tournament Green speed :: High wind :: Uneven Lies :: 90 second timer

Please note: Matches should end at the 9th, if they haven't ended earlier. You should not play Extra Holes. If match is tied after the 9th hole, then the result is A/S, and each team wins 1/2 pt.

The line-up for the 1st week 4-Player Fourball matches, to be completed by Mon 29th Sep is as follows: see Chart here

ROW Team                  vs                    USA

A ::      johehejo & FairwayRuepel68   vs     bhoese & Devonnnnn

A :: The only overlap for the 4 of you is the weekend, between 6-10pm UTC (11am-3pm WGT time).

STATUS: Devon taking initiative to suggest time and day for this match, hopefully this weekend... 

---------------------

B ::      stevereilly & Corwyn            vs     mmyers0 & ColumbusStorm

B :: STATUS: Confirmed: Saturday 9/20, starting at 5pm UTC (10am WGT time) [local times: 6pm for Steve, noon for mmyers0, 1pm for Russ]

---------------------

C ::      fmagnets & jsweetcr                 vs     Bigknight & CerinoDevoti

:: STATUS: Confirmed: Monday 9/22, starting at 4pm UTC (9am WGT time) [local times: 10am for Jon, noon for BigKnight & Cerino, 1pm for Mags]

---------------------

D ::     javiertorg & Bonalyau                vs     JJ656 & GolferDadRB

D :: STATUS: Confirmed: Saturday 9/20, starting at 11pm UTC (4pm WGT time) [local times: 6pm for Javier, JJ & GolferDad, 7am the next morning 9/21 for Jean]

---------------------

E ::      Dazza501 & cricketrules           vs     KyRock75 & iconian

E :: The only overlap for the 4 of you is the weekend, and probably only Sundays [given Jack's schedule], between 7-11pm UTC (noon-4pm WGT time)

STATUS: Unknown: I suggest you aim for Sunday 9/21, starting at 7pm UTC (noon WGT time), assuming that time works for Jack.  [local times: 8pm for Darren & Jack, 3pm for Rock & Icon]

---------------------

F ::      KonradOse & MainzMan          vs     Wesdogg75 & fredsf

F :: STATUS: Confirmed: Sunday 9/21, starting at 6pm UTC (11am WGT time) [local times: 8pm for Konrad & MainzMan, 11am for Fred, 1pm for Wes]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And, as we head into the matches this weekend, please note the following:

Corwyn:
    Note that you will be keeping the Matchplay score as you go via the chat: the winning team per hole is the one whose Best-Ball of the 2 players is the lowest.

The ROW team, as reigning Virtual Ryder Cup champions, shall have the honor, and so should set up the matches and be the first pair to tee off.

Please designate one player per match (per team as backup) to capture and share scorecard screenshots in the forum thread. Note that there can be an A/S result, which will mean 1/2 point to each team.

Also, very important: please note, Gimme's are NOT allowed. You must put the ball in the hole!  If anyone does take a Gimme, it'll count as a 10 on your card, so... Don't take a Gimme!

Good luck, everyone!

• BigKnight
    2,777 Posts
    Fri, Sep 19 2014 6:43 AM

Corwyn,

in regards to the "gimmie"...if the hole's already decided and there are still putts to hit (in the interest of time) does that change the rule?

=bk=

• devonnnnn
    1,085 Posts
    Fri, Sep 19 2014 10:50 AM

UPDATE: For team A, as of right now the germans for team ROW are good to go at 11am wgt's time, I'm also good with that. Just hoping my partner is. So its looking like Sunday will be the day.

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Fri, Sep 19 2014 12:08 PM

Corwyn:

A :: The only overlap for the 4 of you is the weekend, between 6-10pm UTC (11am-3pm WGT time).

STATUS: Devon taking initiative to suggest time and day for this match, hopefully this weekend... 

Thanks Devon!

Sounds like Sunday, 9/21 at 6pm UTC (11am WGT time) [8pm for Jörg & Mark, 1pm for Ben, and for Devon 3:30pm to be exact on the local time in St John's, Canada]. Just awaiting confirmation from Ben that that works for him.

---------------------

Re Match E, no word yet from the others, but I did hear from Jack that his 8pm Sunday 9/21 would work.

E ::      Dazza501 & cricketrules           vs     KyRock75 & iconian

E :: The only overlap for the 4 of you is the weekend, and probably only Sundays [given Jack's schedule], between 7-11pm UTC (noon-4pm WGT time)

STATUS: I suggest you aim for Sunday 9/21, starting at 7pm UTC (noon WGT time)[local times: 8pm for Darren & Jack, 3pm for Rock & Icon]

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Fri, Sep 19 2014 12:12 PM

BigKnight:
    in regards to the "gimmie"...if the hole's already decided and there are still putts to hit (in the interest of time) does that change the rule?

=bk=

Hi bk,

Yes, you may take a gimme if the hole has already been decided (and if you're anxious to move things along) ... but, in general, I'd caution against it, since it's an easy habit to fall into, and you may find yourself doing it when the hole is still up for grabs.

If anyone takes a gimme, their score on that hole should be counted as a 10.

• KyRock75
    411 Posts
    Fri, Sep 19 2014 3:18 PM

Re Match E, no word yet from the others, but I did hear from Jack that his 8pm Sunday 9/21 would work.

E ::      Dazza501 & cricketrules           vs     KyRock75 & iconian

STATUS: I suggest you aim for Sunday 9/21, starting at 7pm UTC (noon WGT time)[local times: 8pm for Darren & Jack, 3pm for Rock & Icon]

Hey guys    this is the time we are shooting for as of right now.  I have heard back from Jack and he said he would talk to his pard and see if that time works for him as well.

Rock

• bhoese
    679 Posts
    Fri, Sep 19 2014 4:25 PM

Corwyn:

Corwyn:

Thanks Devon!

Sounds like Sunday, 9/21 at 6pm UTC (11am WGT time) [8pm for Jörg & Mark, 1pm for Ben, and for Devon 3:30pm to be exact on the local time in St John's, Canada]. Just awaiting confirmation from Ben that that works for him.

That works for me.  If I'm not very chatty, it will be because I'm busy shouting vile obscenities at Matt Cassel.

RSS