Help › Forums

Ball

rated by 0 users
Mon, Sep 29 2014 7:53 AM (26 replies)
  • BugsySenior
    4 Posts
    Sun, Sep 28 2014 11:32 AM

Thanks for the tips on the time zone.

However, should WGT not make that clear (in the small print)?

Of course they could also change the software to allow logins for each new day in any time zone? Not really rocket science I would think ..

• Safdar1
    454 Posts
    Sun, Sep 28 2014 11:59 AM

I've got my shiny blue balls, and I looked at the specs and they are decent enough, thanks again WGT.

I am  presuming that the US spec balls will be just that bit lower rated than the Euro balls :)

• greenmanfromg
    694 Posts
    Sun, Sep 28 2014 12:23 PM

Great to receive the free Ryder Cup balls, I do wonder how it is that  whenever I use these freebies and play a course with a water hazard the balls and the water seem very compatible. 

Hope it is just not me, but thanks for the freebies.

F

• WGTyphoon
    597 Posts
    Sun, Sep 28 2014 2:58 PM

BugsySenior:

Thanks for the tips on the time zone.

However, should WGT not make that clear (in the small print)?

Of course they could also change the software to allow logins for each new day in any time zone? Not really rocket science I would think ..

Many online games usually stick to a single time zone and base all their maintenance and updates off it (most common ones are PDT/PST). Eventually players get used to it and convert the time accordingly. It just makes it easier for the companies I would assume but I'm not 100% sure how it works. I only know from experiences with other game companies that they use a single time zone.

-WGTyphoon

• JimbeauC
    5,835 Posts
    Sun, Sep 28 2014 3:08 PM

Just checked inventory. I have the US ball in TWO places. They have the same characteristics. How come they're not in one slot? I have 5 total, but since they are in groups of 2 and 3, I'd have to hit rocks for a bit. 

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Sun, Sep 28 2014 3:22 PM

Maybe they have different names?

This year, they are called Team EUROPE vapor ball" without a date. I found one old "Team EUROPE 2012 vapor ball" - this alone makes a difference though they both are Tour-SDs.

• JimbeauC
    5,835 Posts
    Mon, Sep 29 2014 7:53 AM

alosso:
    Maybe they have different names?

Yep. One has '2013' inserted. 

RSS