891 Posts
    Thu, Nov 20 2014 8:13 PM

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Thu, Nov 20 2014 10:57 PM

alcaucin:
    Who fookin cares ?

I do.

The WGT front page states "People win a lot of $$ here" to any unsuspecting visitor,

Icon states here officially, ""People win a lot of $$ here",

your profile states, you won 241 $.

Is any of this true? You know the opposite of truth, and you know which consequences it has for a business.

A lot of people talk about these $$ here erronously, and this thread contains official statements deepening this error. The latest news about "First ever VT championship..."  goes more or less in the same direction.

Should we not care, at least talk about this?

So, Icon, which are your answers to my questions?

• ostfriedel
    2,052 Posts
    Fri, Nov 21 2014 12:24 AM

alcaucin:

alosso:

each weekly and monthly tournament (about 52x6 + 12x6?) or Virtual Tour tournament shows winnings in $, though the purse is only credits. Said Transamerica Championship shows a purse of 400,000 cr, and the payout method describes how to split these credits between the winners. It's safe to say that the TLs' first prize calculates to 25,200 cr. Nevertheless, the TL winner allegedly takes 252 $.

How would the transition of credits to $ at a rate of 100:1 work out in a legal way, given that credits have no monetary value? (I assume that $ means greenbacks, real US currency(?))

Who fookin cares ?

Me, I do.

And that the winner of the WGT-US-Open wins 4 million Dollar is just a lie.

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Fri, Nov 21 2014 1:58 AM

alosso:

Is any of this true?

Sort of...might not be able to take them off the site but......

if I win 600c then I can buy a sleeve of balls WITHOUT actually spending $6, which gives credits a real $$ value ?

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Fri, Nov 21 2014 1:59 AM

ostfriedel:
    And that the winner of the WGT-US-Open wins 4 million Dollar is just a lie.

No it wasn't, it was a TYPO !!  

Turning into a Teutonic crusade.....relax :-)

Andy

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Fri, Nov 21 2014 4:07 AM

alcaucin:
    alosso:

Is any of this true?

In real money, you can take it anywhere - one difference.

alcaucin:
    if I win 600c then I can buy a sleeve of balls WITHOUT actually spending $6, which gives credits a real $ value.

There's only one situation where the equivalence is correct: In the "Buy Credits" section, and only in the opposite direction.

Mind you, "credits have no monetary value", just like the ice cream which you buy at the beach. Would anybody buy it from you for real Euros?

Otherwise, it describes only the worst case. Some prominent players here proudly state that they never gave a dime for credits - doing the "free credits" in their spare time, there's hardly an exchange rate to $.

For others, it's second or third place in a RG or successful matchplay - exchange rate?

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Fri, Nov 21 2014 5:00 AM

alosso:

alcaucin:
    alosso:

Is any of this true?

In real money, you can take it anywhere - one difference.

alcaucin:
    if I win 600c then I can buy a sleeve of balls WITHOUT actually spending $6, which gives credits a real $ value.

There's only one situation where the equivalence is correct: In the "Buy Credits" section, and only in the opposite direction.

Mind you, "credits have no monetary value", just like the ice cream which you buy at the beach. Would anybody buy it from you for real Euros?

Otherwise, it describes only the worst case. Some prominent players here proudly state that they never gave a dime for credits - doing the "free credits" in their spare time, there's hardly an exchange rate to $.

For others, it's second or third place in a RG or successful matchplay - exchange rate?

Hey man, I know you got a 'bee in your bonnet' about something ? but...

You signed on here b4 I did and tho no-one reads the plethora of pages in the TCs in the beginning, we know in the end the totality of the legalise .after delving in over our time here.

( even spent many $$ consulting a few months back, to see if I could hurt WGT's pockets with a suit, it is possible, but prohibitively expensive )

YOU knew at the minimum 18 months ago what the script was....NOW you decide on a Crusade for whatever slight by WGT you envisage and have gone from a helpful member of the community to a tin hatted wannabe fool imo.

My lawyers would have a field day.....you can't change the terms of a contract..

( which you legally entered into when joining WGT ) when the mood suits...??

If you fooked up or made a bad deal then..DEAL WITH IT !!

And if I could pay for my $8 ice cream in Marbella with WGT credits THEN that would again, give them a $ / Euro real World worth / value ?!?

BTW..made a killing on the $ 8 yrs ago when it was on its ass....bought a shed load of them, the $ was only going to rise from that low....

.and could buy a gaff in Florida 1/2 price so I maybe I'm a dollar b.itch ......:)))

Andy

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Fri, Nov 21 2014 5:42 AM

You don't read my many helping posts, do you?

Agreed, something changed. There are official statements here and moments which leave me angry. The last major item was the windy excuse why they would not answer or say thanks when the mods opened threads to ask for thoughts and help to certain subjects.
    I have been flouted and experienced a broken personal promise, by former and active mods. This demeanour is a constant slap in our faces since they say the paying customers shall maintain the help here. Add the bunch of errors in some of their "helpful" replys.

And add that I'm playing more real golf again which leaves me less time for online golf. Ever been to Torrevieja? I played Las Colinas and Las Ramblas on the weekend - a blast!

Concerning the T&Cs: I don't want to change them, I simply want the company to respect them. T&Cs say, credits have no monetary value, but they present them credit earnings as $$ at the front door, in plain view of new customers.

But, most important now: Some answers to my legitimate questions above are missing.

ICON!

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Fri, Nov 21 2014 5:48 AM

"you don't read my many helpful posts, do you ?" alosso

In answer to that...^^

if you read fully you will find I said you used to be a helpful member

But, AGAIN...who gives a fook ....

Get over it......

worse things happen to better people than us ?

WGT not even a raindrop in the Oceans in the scheme of things ?

Andy

PS  don't get over to Costa Blanca as much nowadays, good friend had to move back to England ( credit crunch thing )

Gr8 golf there tho ! :-)

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Fri, Nov 21 2014 6:36 AM

I know (abt. the golf courses at Costa del Sol).

My friend and I are talking about visiting Sevilla and Cordoba for a week of golf in 12 months - any ideas?

RSS