Forums

Help › Forums

So...Anyone Else Heard of This "FootGolf"

Mon, Nov 17 2014 6:57 AM (15 replies)
  • PAGES
  • YancyCan
    3,027 Posts
    Thu, Nov 13 2014 7:04 PM

I still have not truly accepted Frisbee/Disc golf as any sort of correlatable activity that mimics or embraces Golf as I know and love it. I am all for people doing whatever they find to be a fun pursuit and time well spent (with same extreme exceptions most tolerant people what would be having and suches. Never played it - don't plan on it - hope the players are having great fun though of course.

Today - exploring a local Portland course that is alleged to have a certain small bridge over a certain little creek where all players must cross to enter the start of the fairway on this shorter length Par 4 golf hole.

Not all who pass experience the issue, but many golfers where being mocked by a self-proclaimed Troll who resides in the rock wall on the south of this said small bridge as what was mentionables up before - I thinks, no I didn't so know I am. The usual Troll torment is a tug on the shoelaces by a quick unseen hand - however, if one locks onto the spot that it seems the Troll reached up - there will be  pair of eyes that stare-hard at each golfer. One eye is green, the other is light blue. That there would put me of my lunch, my game, and maybe a little paranormal panic and such. Then after locking eyes and not breaking the stare this Troll mutters the same phrase to all:

"If You Want Safe Passage - Pay Your Toll To The Troll"

That's the checkmate for those who stand ground that long and the lot of them just open up their wallets and drop 5 or 10 dollar bills down below. Wow - I apologize for getting off topic but everyday that Troll squats under that bridge he grows stronger and everyday that I am not out their challenging him to a gentlemans duel, I grow weaker. Did you know Troll spelled backwards - "Llort" - is a known name of a Class7A-Beta Alien Cargo Spacecraft used to facilitate the colonization process?

Ok - So.....FootGolf.....Wow....Really?
    Need a break after floating off-topic and ranting - be back to finish this.

Thanks for listening - I needed to taklk about it.
    Sincerely, I am Yancy

• drmoose
    3,538 Posts
    Thu, Nov 13 2014 7:40 PM

YancyCan:
    Yancy

Mr. Ambassador,

I firmly believe a situation may be developing . Contact me at will.

Doc :)

• mrcaddie
    2,429 Posts
    Thu, Nov 13 2014 9:51 PM

YancyCan:
    but many golfers where being mocked by a self-proclaimed Troll who resides in the rock wall on the south of this said small bridge

OPY-

Are you on vacation?

MC

• unclenewy
    334 Posts
    Thu, Nov 13 2014 10:01 PM

YancyCan:
    Did you know Troll spelled backwards - "Llort" - is a known name of a Class7A-Beta Alien Cargo Spacecraft used to facilitate the colonization process?

I need a 2 week holiday in your imagination!

respect to you my dear Yancy

• Stobsbee
    4,784 Posts
    Thu, Nov 13 2014 10:08 PM

• unclenewy
    334 Posts
    Thu, Nov 13 2014 10:29 PM

Great vid Stobsbee.

The course they filmed it on is called Bridlington Links....a beautiful course, I've played it a couple of times and was there earlier this year.

It can be a stinker when it's blowing but catch it on a calm sunny day, and with 4 of it's holes played on the cliff edge with sea and town in the distance.......superb!

• unclenewy
    334 Posts
    Thu, Nov 13 2014 10:50 PM

• CanineSupervisor
    1,882 Posts
    Thu, Nov 13 2014 10:59 PM

That's crazy, Yancy.

How many people heard about this?

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Fri, Nov 14 2014 6:01 AM

I can't wait.  How much for Nike boots and a sleeve of Adidas balls?

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Fri, Nov 14 2014 6:45 AM

Surprised you didn't go Paul, Scottish open was in Dunoon with stars like...........

Murdo MacLeod and Chick Young

• PAGES
RSS