• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Fri, Nov 14 2014 6:50 PM

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Sat, Nov 15 2014 1:14 AM

WigerToods2010:

DodgyPutter:

You may have forgotten there's the small matter of England on Tuesday first, "friendly" or not.

Nope, not at all  - bring on the next Euro 2016 qualifier - way more important for me then any friendly kick about.

So a game against our biggest rivals in few days is overshadowed by a game against Gibraltar that is over four months away, lol.  

Celtic park will be full for England, don't think the SFA have even decided where the Gibraltar game will be played yet.

• TWOMINUSONE
    2,580 Posts
    Sat, Nov 15 2014 2:51 AM

Scotland fully deserved the win there John. Well done. It was a crackingly well worked goal too. Peach of a curl to take it out away from the keeper. RIP to the fan who died after falling down a stairwell. 

• WigerToods2010
    8,446 Posts
    Sat, Nov 15 2014 3:30 AM

DodgyPutter:
    So a game against our biggest rivals in few days is overshadowed by a game against Gibraltar that is over four months away, lol.  

Back to your usual making up quotes again?

Come closer, pay attention,  just for you; I think a win, and the 3 points that would go with it,  in a  Euro 2016 qualifier is way more important than the outcome of any friendly match, clear enough?

'Our biggest rivals'? Sorry, you've lost me. Are you Scottish or Irish?

• WigerToods2010
    8,446 Posts
    Sat, Nov 15 2014 3:38 AM

TWOMINUSONE:

Scotland fully deserved the win there John. Well done. It was a crackingly well worked goal too. Peach of a curl to take it out away from the keeper. RIP to the fan who died after falling down a stairwell. 

Hey Jimmy!

Nice to 'see' you around mate. Aware you'd stepped away for a bit.

Hope all's well for you and yours across the water.

Smashing game wasn't it?  Scotland's win allied to the Polish & German victories has really tightened the group up - gonna be nervy times ahead.

Sad to hear of the young fan (26 I believe) that died - thoughts and sympathy goes out to the poor family & friends.

• WigerToods2010
    8,446 Posts
    Sat, Nov 15 2014 3:51 AM

PaulTon:

Well worth another airing, Pablo.  

:)

• TWOMINUSONE
    2,580 Posts
    Sat, Nov 15 2014 3:12 PM

Thanks John. Yup, i have taken a backseat on here lately, and only just played my first full game in a long while today. I thought Gordan did a great job on cranking this 1 up a good bit (wouldnt have it any other way, lol) and it was a bit of a blood and guts game.  Scotland played the real football, compared to our hoof it up the pitch crap. Been a long time since we played in a meaningful game like thet eh?

All is good my side, and hopefully on your side too. I got me a job at long last, and i havent got the time anymore, lol. But in all honesty, i was prepared to give it up anyways. I miss the banter here, especially with the old clubmates, but im better off to be honest.

You be good my man, your a legend. Until the next time my friend, and all the best to Scotland, i wish you all well.  

• Lobsterboy
    4,729 Posts
    Sat, Nov 15 2014 4:50 PM

TWOMINUSONE:
    RIP to the fan who died after falling down a stairwell. 

I got offered a seat to a game once and went along . . . the seat was at the top of the stadium and I have to say it was the steepest climb I ever made in my life . . . a fatal accident waiting to happen if ever there was :(

• MichaelStroke
    2,066 Posts
    Sun, Nov 16 2014 9:39 AM

lindseyak:

"Gibraltar has a team?  They have to be the *** of the premiere leagues across the pond.  It'd be like Andorra or Liechtenstein having teams." Michael Stroke

LOL Michael, but these 11 part timers would still beat any team in the MLS....

I'd rather doubt that.  Soccer is coming around in America - for what reason, I'm not entirely sure.  20 years ago when no American cared about soccer, I'd see your point.

These days, you see Team USA as a legitimate World Cup team, not just fodder for a handful of European and South American teams to roll over in group play.

RSS