Forums

Help › Forums

Active forum members sound off.

Tue, Dec 23 2014 2:59 PM (19 replies)
  • PAGES
  • hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Sat, Dec 13 2014 6:08 AM

Trying to set this up to see how many active club members we have.

Unique visitors (each person will only count once)---  In theory

Free Counter

Page views in total  (including re-visits)

Free Web Counter

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Dec 13 2014 6:15 AM

This should be interesting. Might be a little skewed, though. Responding adds 1 to the views and posting that response adds a second. So I've contributed 4 views by responding then editing when I noticed what happened but the #2 never changed. :-)

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Sat, Dec 13 2014 6:36 AM

Crap,  was sure that the "unique views' would mean that it wouldn't count the same person twice.  I could have set it up incorrectly,  or it's the "free hit counter'  never know lol.

You get what you pay for.  lol

Off to class, maybe I'll mess with it later.

**EDIT

If I refresh the page, the first counter stays at 15,  this edit is a test to see if it moves to 16.

__

Nope, stayed at 15, but the second counter increased.  We shall see. lol 

I was bored.  ;-)

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Sat, Dec 13 2014 6:44 AM

May have to start this over once it's sorted, if it's sorted lol.  

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Sat, Dec 13 2014 7:10 AM

Once this thread gets to the 2nd page you'll lose the counters.

If, when, you restart this thread Hazen lock your post to prevent other posts moving it to page 2.

And consider giving it a more "provocative" title so people can't resist reading it.

Does editing a post provide a "bump"?  If so you can bump it up by editing the original post.

• lonniescott711
    4,204 Posts
    Sat, Dec 13 2014 7:34 AM

I visit daily and respond when needed . Never know what interesting conversations are going on if you dont check . I`ll probably be in and out 5-7 times today depending on how much time I spend on the game .

• RonCarr
    243 Posts
    Sat, Dec 13 2014 7:44 AM

I follow and read any forum posts i think i have not read,i check forums regularly many times a day,guess i need to get a life,but maybe thats what i am looking for..Have a safe Holiday!

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Sat, Dec 13 2014 8:19 AM

very rarely see me on here, forums, forums, who said anything about forums, lol.

• opyeuclid
    6,709 Posts
    Sat, Dec 13 2014 8:25 AM

iaa R ( R ) V ft

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Sat, Dec 13 2014 10:42 AM

Im back from class.  When I refreshed the page, it didn't change the first counter, but did change the second one.  

The first was at 75 when I clicked reply..... will edit to see if it went to 76.....

nope, stayed at 75. 

• PAGES
RSS