Forums

Help › Forums

FREE XP BOOST PLUS POINTS...I THINK.?????

Wed, Nov 17 2010 2:48 AM (15 replies)
  • PAGES
  • BriRock
    148 Posts
    Thu, Nov 11 2010 8:53 AM

For the last few days i've been receiving XP BOOST PLUS points for what i gather is either the first round of the day, or maybe just a good round (by good i mean below my average good)...Today it happens to be both, as for my first round i posted a 67 (with my currant average at 68.43)...However i haven't purchased any drinks since the one and only time back on 10/28/10 (a 2 hour drink) when they first came out.  Anyone else noticing this happening to them?  I may be shooting myself in the foot for announcing that fact that im receiving unearned xp points, however i do not want to be accused of cheating or manipulating this game (although i don't think there is a way for players to track other players XP points history)...

Still...would like to know if this is a change that WGT has implemented...or perhaps a token of their appreciation from all the balls i've donated to Kiawah's # 17 Pond.

• borntobesting
    9,680 Posts
    Thu, Nov 11 2010 9:43 AM

BriRock:

For the last few days i've been receiving XP BOOST PLUS points for what i gather is either the first round of the day, or maybe just a good round (by good i mean below my average good)...Today it happens to be both, as for my first round i posted a 67 (with my currant average at 68.43)...However i haven't purchased any drinks since the one and only time back on 10/28/10 (a 2 hour drink) when they first came out.  Anyone else noticing this happening to them?  I may be shooting myself in the foot for announcing that fact that im receiving unearned xp points, however i do not want to be accused of cheating or manipulating this game (although i don't think there is a way for players to track other players XP points history)...

Still...would like to know if this is a change that WGT has implemented...or perhaps a token of their appreciation from all the balls i've donated to Kiawah's # 17 Pond.

Could be the 880 points for consecutive days played.

• PRIESTESS
    10,716 Posts
    Thu, Nov 11 2010 10:52 AM

thats what it probably is.

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Thu, Nov 11 2010 11:13 AM

Yesterday afternoon I noticed the XP Super Boost (2 hour) bottle which I purchased on November 5th, and it said, "After this round XP Super Boost will expire" when I hovered my pointer over it.

• BriRock
    148 Posts
    Thu, Nov 11 2010 11:26 AM

nope...i have the picture of the little red bottle next to my nme and otehr stats during gameplay...when i put my mouse over it, it says "XP Boost Plus Expired, will last for remainder of this game"

• BriRock
    148 Posts
    Thu, Nov 11 2010 11:32 AM

EXPERIENCE POINTS EARNED (for the second round i played today)

HIT BALL EXPERIENCE + 70

FINISHED 18 HOLE STROKE GAME +200

XP BOOST PLUS + 22

...Is it possible that i haven't played 2 hours worth of gametime since i purchased the one bottle back on 10/28/10...something i highly doubt as i have played a total of (10) 18 hole rounds(some are combined 9 hole rounds) since then, not counting any match play rounds

• b0geybuster
    2,574 Posts
    Thu, Nov 11 2010 11:51 AM

Maybe you purchased a two week bottle?

Cheers,

b0geybuster

• WGTSky
    223 Posts
    Thu, Nov 11 2010 2:58 PM

BriRock:

...Is it possible that i haven't played 2 hours worth of gametime since i purchased the one bottle back on 10/28/10...something i highly doubt as i have played a total of (10) 18 hole rounds(some are combined 9 hole rounds) since then, not counting any match play rounds

The XP Boost drinks are meant to be consumed in real time rather than game time, meaning that if you buy a week long boost and then don't play WGT for a week you'll find it expired upon your return.

Perhaps most helpful to the bug hunters would be if you right clicked and reported the issue in-game.  This sends conditional info to us which helps to diagnose problems.

Thanks for bringing up the issue.  We'll look into it.

• Yappy22
    733 Posts
    Thu, Nov 11 2010 5:15 PM

His avatar drank it.

• Rickypro
    559 Posts
    Thu, Nov 11 2010 5:56 PM

I noticed the other day that after I saved a round that when I came back to finish, a blue bottle was next to my name and I received a small bonus at the end of the round.  This has happened to me twice.  The bottle was not there when I began, only after I saved and then resumed later.

• PAGES
RSS