Help › Forums

wind direction

rated by 0 users
Fri, Mar 20 2015 7:00 PM (11 replies)
  • PAGES
  • borntobesting
    9,683 Posts
    Fri, Jan 9 2015 1:45 AM

Many of us use Kats wind calculator which has a compass called clock face that lets to check direction in minutes but it would be so much easier and faster if along with wind speed the direction was shown in minutes.

Right now all we have for wind direction is the arrow. It would be nice if along with the arrow it showed the direction in minutes like on a compass. It would make using some of the wind calculators much easier and help speed up play for those of us who use them.

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Fri, Jan 9 2015 8:09 AM

360 degrees would be better, as there are 60 minutes per degree trying to fit 21,600  increments onto a small clock face might be a tad tricky.

• borntobesting
    9,683 Posts
    Fri, Jan 9 2015 10:22 AM

PaulTon:

360 degrees would be better, as there are 60 minutes per degree trying to fit 21,600  increments onto a small clock face might be a tad tricky.

What I was talking about is the simple listing of the wind direction in minutes shown under the wind speed. I mentioned minutes because Kats wind calculator is configured by minutes, 60 minutes in the clock face. 

It could look something like this

7-9 MPH

37 Minutes

All would be needed to do then in enter the numbers into Kat's calculator. The clock face included in Kat's program is good but can be time consuming when you have to line it up with the wind direction arrow. Especially when you are old and don't have the best eye sight. 

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Fri, Jan 9 2015 10:33 AM

I know that B2B, just pulling your leg bud.

• mnshiner
    1,382 Posts
    Fri, Jan 9 2015 10:40 AM

Next thing you folks will ask for is that WGT hits the dang shot for you.

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Fri, Jan 9 2015 10:51 AM

mnshiner:

I don't use anything other than free putt and shotpals. I am the wind...

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Jan 9 2015 11:11 AM

mnshiner:

LOL. Took the words right out of my mouth, Shiner.

I'm surprised at you, Sting.  For starters, that wavering wind indicator would make that 37 moot. More like 35-39, or something like that. That's a bit over the top, IMO

• mnshiner
    1,382 Posts
    Fri, Jan 9 2015 12:50 PM

Have any of you 2 watched fmagnets play on Twitch. Tv. ( Mr. Jim is left out ) and watch how fast he determines each shot. It is how he hits before, Ding or just a tad late with the wind that makes a big difference and that doesn't include the spin and ball he uses.

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Fri, Jan 9 2015 1:01 PM

mnshiner:
    Have any of you 2

Which 2 do you mean? You can count me out.

I don't use any external aids to play, basic maths and feel for me. I'm not a great player by any stretch of the imagination but using charts, calculators and the like would kill all the fun of the game. I don't think any less of those who do, it's just not for me. I'm too busy staring at the clouds or rolling another smoke to be bothered.

• mnshiner
    1,382 Posts
    Fri, Jan 9 2015 1:46 PM

PaulTon:

mnshiner:
    Have any of you 2

Which 2 do you mean? You can count me out.

I don't use any external aids to play, basic maths and feel for me. I'm not a great player by any stretch of the imagination but using charts, calculators and the like would kill all the fun of the game. I don't think any less of those who do, it's just not for me. I'm too busy staring at the clouds or rolling another smoke to be bothered.

Then why are you responding to a post about a wind calculator..

Maybe you need to try one of those smokeless cigs so you can see better.

• PAGES
RSS