Forums

Help › Forums

Flash "Update" problems

rated by 0 users
Tue, Jan 27 2015 4:30 AM (25 replies)
  • WigerToods2010
    8,446 Posts
    Tue, Jan 20 2015 11:44 AM

I was on my tablet earlier reading this very thread when my IP (Virgin Media) itself suddenly blocked the page with a warning that malware was indeed present.

On laptop at mo' and as of now fine.

• SamanthaWho
    3,403 Posts
    Tue, Jan 20 2015 11:52 AM

I'm getting this now, never did before. But this seems legit.

• borntobesting
    9,683 Posts
    Fri, Jan 23 2015 10:28 AM

borntobesting:

jayw4862:

A new version (16.0.0.257) was just recently released.

Yes over the weekend and at least for me it is working very well. 

There was another new  flash version released today. 16.0.0.287 . I haven't played with it yet. I will update this post after i do. 

I just played 2 CTTH rounds using the new flash version. First was played with my normal browser Comodo Dragon and it worked very well. The second round was played with Pale Moon 64 that I use as a back up if Comodo Dragon isn't working right. It worked very well too. All in all I would say the new flash version is very stable. 

Those of you who are using Chrome and have your browser set to auto update flash might want to check and see if Pepper flash wasn't re-activated. 

• TR1ANNA
    91 Posts
    Fri, Jan 23 2015 1:37 PM

As for me, many problems becauase when I am playing a game, it becomes frozen and not responde. After I check for the problem, I got the next answer: WGT not responde due to a long ejecution of an script.

The problem has appeared today and I have not changed nor updated anything...., so I wonder about what has changed WGT at this respect.

I wait for a solution from WGT because on the contrary, I shall not be able to play almost games even alternate games in order not to hurt to the another players.

Best regards,

DAMIAN.

• dekronk
    238 Posts
    Fri, Jan 23 2015 2:59 PM

I play using chrome and logged on the other day and it immediately told me I needed to update flash to keep playing.  Thankfully I didn't run the download it suggested as have picked up malware from here before.

As of today have had problems logging in due to message saying flash was out of date or wouldn't run and no log in box - just shockwave crash jigsaw piece showing.  I then enabled pepperflash which let me log in but trying to ding on swing was hitting late so disabled pepperflash (as I always do) and then enabled plugin for wgt only (by right clicking button on mouse over the jigsaw piece picture) - seems to have sorted things for me and played with no problems so far (and hopefully no malware).  The update suggested from the wgt site might have been genuine but I'd rather play it safe.

• RoggRR
    627 Posts
    Tue, Jan 27 2015 4:30 AM

i did 1 post about game troubles, 1st page of this topic

... deleting file   >settings.sol< , "macromedia" folder (going down to the folder "sys")

game is better now, not perfect, but playable

no flash update or anything else, i delete that file every day

i still dont know where is real source of the troubles, but this works to me now

thanks to all, it is glad to see when someone tries to help us

RSS