Help › Forums

Homepage and Gameclient Hi-jack.

rated by 0 users
Fri, Jan 23 2015 6:47 AM (19 replies)
  • PAGES
  • PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Mon, Jan 19 2015 11:53 AM

Flash 16.0.0.257 now installed in Maxthon, thank you very much for your help and patience mnshiner, appreciated man.

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Mon, Jan 19 2015 11:53 AM

Why not just go to control panel - flash - and update it? Does that not work with Maxthon?

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Mon, Jan 19 2015 11:56 AM

fatdan:

Why not just go to control panel - flash - and update it? Does that not work with Maxthon?

No it just updates the flash version on my pc, not the one installed in Maxthon3.

I'm sorted now thanks to Mr. Shiner.

• mnshiner
    1,382 Posts
    Mon, Jan 19 2015 12:10 PM

Glad I could help you out. Remember every time you update Flash you have to do Maxthon separate.

• harryasbo
    27 Posts
    Mon, Jan 19 2015 1:52 PM

iam having trouble with maxthon to when i open wgt comes up down load abode player when i do gives me a weather update lol

• thesnakeyes
    892 Posts
    Mon, Jan 19 2015 6:49 PM

this same hijack has been occurring with chrome and comodo dragron. I always go to the abobe site itself to check the latest versions and then check they are the same in the plugins. I did that yesterday and updated flash to the most current. Lo and behold the hijack telling me my flash outdated install this now. do not do it it will dowmload  a load a crap which cause all sorts of hassles. when i saw the hijack ran ccleaner followed by spybot search and destroy not a peep since

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Tue, Jan 20 2015 5:45 AM

It's back on mine this morning, I've no idea what to do now.

• dedBuNNy
    1,919 Posts
    Tue, Jan 20 2015 5:59 AM

PaulTon:

It's back on mine this morning, I've no idea what to do now.

Nuke n Pave - This is a well known browser hijack, you aren't getting rid of it, it's not legit. If you use your computer to game and you're on Windows, best just leave it at that. 

You don't allow Window's out on the Interwebz... everyone knows that. 

• MTBR
    182 Posts
    Tue, Jan 20 2015 12:20 PM

several things to do  1) try a system restore 2) try a different browser, as IE has its own flash update,  Firefox has it's own flash update, Chrome is built in to update flash, and maxthon  has help on its page too.  other.htm

Because Maxthon 3 has dual display engines, at times they will require different Flash plugins. You can get the ones you need at the links below.

Flash plugin for Ultra Mode: Download:http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/otherversions/

Flash plugin for Retro Mode(The same as IE) Download:http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

IMaxthon 3's final version comes with all of the necessary Flash plugins for both Trident and Webkit.

• RonnieCig
    50 Posts
    Fri, Jan 23 2015 6:47 AM

I've looked all through the Flash folder  in SysWOW64  and cant find that NPSWF32 file. I tried the 3 flash files in it that read Flash32_16_0_0_257.ocx  and   FlashUtil32_16_0_0_257_ActiveX.dll   and  FlashUtil32_16_0_0_257_ActiveX  but none of them worked, I pasted the original file back in and it works properly but is version 11.5.502.110

Does the newest version make the meter any better or worse?

Thanks!

The Terminator

• PAGES
RSS