Help › Forums

Tiny pop up box in MAXTHON??

rated by 0 users
Fri, Jan 23 2015 5:20 AM (11 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Perkupmyputter
    436 Posts
    Thu, Jan 22 2015 11:46 AM

Does anyone know how to keep that little pop-up reminder box on MAXTHON browser that seems to appear every time a new window opens? It is annoying and I have attempted various settings to make it disappear.

In my settings/web content,  I have the pop up blocker unchecked because WGT does not allow ad blockers, and in settings/advanced, there is another setting for pop up messages which I DO have checked because it says "show Maxthon pop up messages".....is this correct??

Also, what about the Adhunter setting, should it be ON or OFF??

Any help please, thanks.

~PERKUPMYPUTTER

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Thu, Jan 22 2015 11:52 AM

Uncheck maxthon pop ups, that's the little one your talking about.

Adhunter to on (works well),as far as I know WGT has no rules about ad blockers.

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Thu, Jan 22 2015 12:02 PM
    I got used to the little box. You just click it when the game client is loading to open it in a different window. Adhunter works really well, I never see an ad anywhere.
  • mnshiner
    1,382 Posts
    Thu, Jan 22 2015 12:18 PM

Perkupmyputter:

Does anyone know how to keep that little pop-up reminder box on MAXTHON browser that seems to appear every time a new window opens? It is annoying and I have attempted various settings to make it disappear.

In my settings/web content,  I have the pop up blocker unchecked because WGT does not allow ad blockers, and in settings/advanced, there is another setting for pop up messages which I DO have checked because it says "show Maxthon pop up messages".....is this correct??

Also, what about the Adhunter setting, should it be ON or OFF??

Any help please, thanks.

~PERKUPMYPUTTER

If the pop up you are getting is what is in This Thread then you have a virus.

Posted by Robelliot:
    Unfortunately i also fell foul of this yesterday morning, i could not even manage to sign in to warn others. My machine is currently infected with the browser hi -jacker (omiga -plus).
    If your machine is not already infected you can use task manager to find & 'end process' this should close the " rogue adobe" window. Unfortunately if like mine your PC is infected this virus it will have already turned off your windows defender & made changes to the registry , shortcuts & much more.
    Spy hunter was the only programme to locate this virus, too many others failed miserably & some even ask for an 'upgrade' to clean my machine.
    Try Microsoft "safety scanner" in addition to Microsoft "Malicious tool remover" . Check hi-jack browser removal on you tube for additional advice. This is what my alert looked like while viewing a WGT re-play .. be warned this malware is rated as critical !

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Thu, Jan 22 2015 12:39 PM

Perkupmyputter:

It's this 1 you have to uncheck -

• ScottHope
    10,354 Posts
    Thu, Jan 22 2015 1:52 PM
    Perkupmyputter:
    If this is what you are seeing perkup.......

......then you needt to uncheck the video floatbar option under web content in the settings......

• Perkupmyputter
    436 Posts
    Thu, Jan 22 2015 2:28 PM

OK, I got rid of it by UN-checking the "Video floatbar" in the web content section of settings, and I also UN-checked the "show Maxthon pop ups" box in the advanced section of the settings. now the little pop up box I was getting every new screen is now gone...thanks!!

@Paulton....I could not find the screen setting that you sent me above, titled "Maxthon options".

In my web content settings there is no such thing.....maybe you are running a different version of Maxthon than I am??.....anyway, both Scotts fix and Paul's recommendation to UN - check the "show Maxthon pop ups" worked to solve this little problem.

Thanks everyone!

~perkupmyputter

• russellfahey
    4,286 Posts
    Thu, Jan 22 2015 2:55 PM

Perkupmyputter:

OK, I got rid of it by UN-checking the "Video floatbar" in the web content section of settings, and I also UN-checked the "show Maxthon pop ups" box in the advanced section of the settings. now the little pop up box I was getting every new screen is now gone...thanks!!

@Paulton....I could not find the screen setting that you sent me above, titled "Maxthon options".

In my web content settings there is no such thing.....maybe you are running a different version of Maxthon than I am??.....anyway, both Scotts fix and Paul's recommendation to UN - check the "show Maxthon pop ups" worked to solve this little problem.

Thanks everyone!

~perkupmyputter

You will find the settings Paul's on about,if you look at the top right of the screen you will see 3 broken lines to the right of the arrow facing downwards.Click on that and you will see the settings tab Paul displayed.

Hope this helps for future reference.

Russell

• ZioMio
    4,680 Posts
    Thu, Jan 22 2015 3:43 PM

russellfahey:
    You will find the settings Paul's on about,if you look at the top right of the screen you will see 3 broken lines to the right of the arrow facing downwards

You can also get to the options by:

• Typing about:config in the address bar. Or
    • Right clicking the status bar at the bottom of the browser window.

• DaveStrock
    919 Posts
    Thu, Jan 22 2015 9:45 PM

Thanks for the tip on how to get rid of that annoying little pop-up it's been pestering me for 3 years now...POOF,,,GONE...yahooooooooooooo

• PAGES
RSS