Forums

Help › Forums

Superbowl Squares

Wed, Feb 4 2015 7:09 AM (211 replies)
  • oneeyedjohn
    9,572 Posts
    Thu, Jan 29 2015 10:37 PM

How about 0-0, we have had some great games of foottball in UK, where the score is 0-0.

I prefer spread betting.

Nice fun comp Kat.

Congratulations on your imagination.

Kiss Kiss

1i

• DaddysKat
    3,554 Posts
    Thu, Jan 29 2015 11:55 PM

I did really well with the spread this year.  My friend at work and I took 16 regular season games.  We both use the "binary system" in choosing the favorites/underdogs.  She's a bit better with her WAG number than I am.

As for 0-0 ... there's 0-0, 10-0, 20-10, 20-20 ... all pretty good scores.

Scoring in the NFL ... 

a "Safety" is 2 points, but really rare unless Payton Manning is QBing in the Superbowl.

a "Field Goal" is 3 points.

a "Touch Down" is 6 points, which is followed with the "extra point" or (vary rarely) the "2 point conversion.

Then there's the "Brady Tuck Rule", which will give the NE Patriots 3 points if Vegas has their money on New England.

Right now, Vegas has their money on New England ... they are favored by 1, with the over/under at either 48 or 47 1/2.  Most are saying it won't see 47 and several bookies say put your money on Seattle.  

If you bet NE, it will cost you 110 to get 100.  But the refs think Brady has a really cute butt ... so the oddsmakers may just have something there!  There will probably be several "unsportsmanlike conduct" penalties against Seattle on Sunday ... especially if they break through that offensive line and pressure Brady.  

If I were to bet this ... I'd take New England and the under.  They have 15 vs 11 players.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Fri, Jan 30 2015 1:52 AM

Kat, are there any adjustments to be made to take into account an under inflated ball?

• DaddysKat
    3,554 Posts
    Fri, Jan 30 2015 4:54 AM

alanti:

Kat, are there any adjustments to be made to take into account an under inflated ball?

Hugh Hefner is going to be playing?  Which team?

• DaddysKat
    3,554 Posts
    Fri, Jan 30 2015 5:41 PM

My anonymous donor has graciously increased his Certs from 500 credits to 1000 credits.  

Thank you!  (you know who you are)

Also, one more has jumped on the band wagon and is gifting 500 credits to the Final Score winner!

Check the first page for the updated gifts everyone!

And most of all, good luck!

• YancyCan
    3,027 Posts
    Fri, Jan 30 2015 11:36 PM

Just to sweeten the board - I (my name is Yancy) would like to add the following last minute prizes.
    These are not gonna be a game-changing prize for the winners, as I am working from an Alien Hunter's budget and such.

These are donated on behalf of my WGT Country Club:
    The WGT Alien Ambassadors

Thanks to everyone involved here - This is gonna be fun board to watch.

• DaddysKat
    3,554 Posts
    Sat, Jan 31 2015 3:39 PM

Thanks so much Yancy!  

I've edited the front page to include your contributions!

• johnabel1234
    146 Posts
    Sat, Jan 31 2015 4:07 PM

lets sweeten the pot a bit more kat ,i will put 250 credits a quarter inc. overtime if shoe will transfer them.

• DaddysKat
    3,554 Posts
    Sun, Feb 1 2015 8:16 AM

Good luck everyone!  I'll post the winners at the end of the game.

I'm heading off to Disneyland!  I hope this superbowl is the most viewed ever ... it will keep those lines a lot shorter!

• CanineSupervisor
    1,882 Posts
    Sun, Feb 1 2015 9:03 AM

DaddysKat:
    Disneyland!

Have a good time down there in Anaheim. I didn't know SoCal'ers still went there except for high school stuff.

Welcome to California. Now, go home.

LOL!

RSS