Forums

Help › Forums

How long for a sub-30 score?

Tue, Oct 25 2011 10:50 AM (53 replies)
  • Yoda79
    697 Posts
    Sun, Nov 21 2010 3:28 AM

Hello everybody. Yoda here. Just thought I would share this little piece of statistical information with ya as I'm very happy to have done this and joined an elite group. In the past 2 months or so I have been trying to shoot below 30. And I have come close, I would say about a dozens times or so. Close as in shooting a 30 or 31. Well early this morning I was playing a ranked 9 hole round on St. Andrews with a friend from my CC. And we were just chatting away having a good time. I really wasn't thinking too much about every shot like I normally do. I was just....going with the flow, if you will. Then once we reached the 7th hole he made a comment about me tearing up the course. I was at -5 at that time. So as not to jinx me or change anything we went back to chatting and I ended up birdieing the 7th. Now with that score I needed to birdie one of the last 2 holes to shoot a 29 or below. Started to get a little nervous but shook it off and went back to chatting. Then my 24ft birdie attempt lipped out and I parred the hole. Feeling somewhat confident I went to the 9th hole with a feeling that just maybe I could shoot my first 29. But I have been there before only to lip out the birdie attmept on 9 here. So there I am aiming my drive with a 20mph cross wind going from left to right. I swing back the meter and let it go..."click"...."ding"......a perfect shot. Now I either put this shot short or long. I'm still working on trying to consistenly putting my drive in a respectable area on the green. But this shot, just misses the rough on the left side of the fairway bounces a few times and thankfully rolls up onto the green, through the fringe, which slowed it down alot, and stops amazingly to within 4.7ft of the hole. I couldn't believe it. All I had to do was sink the the eagle attempt and I would of done it. Now this was the longest 4.7ft of my life. I take waaaay too long to aim the shot. Yeah I over think shots all the time. Once I'm finally done aiming I swing back the meter let it go and BAM....it's in the cup!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I shot a 28!!!!!!!!!!! My first ever sub 30 score!!! (The scorecard is on my profile) Now I'm sure this isn't all that great but it took me 312 ranked rounds to do this. But it got me wondering. How long did it take anybody else to shoot a sub 30 score.

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Sun, Nov 21 2010 3:48 AM

I got my first 29 today. Feels great eh?  (287 rounds)

• borntobesting
    9,681 Posts
    Sun, Nov 21 2010 4:20 AM

Congrats to you both. I'm still trying to get mine And i have put in well over 1000 rounds. I have had several 30's 31's and 32's but no sub 30. The last 30 I had  just this past week I 3 putted for a par on St.Andrews #9. I should have had a 29 but I messed up my first putt because of my twitchy index finger on my right hand. The finger twitched and I clicked way to early by accident making a putt that went exactly 0 inches, yes a complete whiff. That is one of the reasons I now have my mouse buttons reversed and click the meter with my middle finger. 

• mohuyu
    891 Posts
    Sun, Nov 21 2010 4:38 AM

lol - i make sure a play a couple of SA f9s everyday in hope of making a sub-30. No luck so far just 30s and 31s. 96 ranked rounds so far.

• hoochlah
    81 Posts
    Sun, Nov 21 2010 5:07 AM

took me about 6 weeks of solid playing - cant quite remember how many rounds, maybe 150 or so - to get sub30. done it a few times since but cant quite crack the 60 for 18 holes just yet :(

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Sun, Nov 21 2010 5:12 AM

My proudest round was a 63 on Bethpage, shame I bogied the last.

• Yoda79
    697 Posts
    Sun, Nov 21 2010 6:34 AM

My best 18 hole round score was also a 63. Except mine was at St. Andrews. I don't know what it is about St. Andrews but lately I have been shooting well there.

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Sun, Nov 21 2010 8:56 AM

Oh boy, my first 29 was eons ago with basic clubs on kiawah front. My hands took as I made a 12fter from right.

I did shoot 58 from legends tees a few days ago; that felt very good! :)

-wgticon

• SgtDoodles
    3,112 Posts
    Sun, Nov 21 2010 10:44 AM

My best round is 32 on Kia Island back 9. 

Doodles

• SexySophie69
    72 Posts
    Sun, Nov 21 2010 10:59 AM

29's i would settle for shooting under par as i havent even done that yet :-(

RSS