Forums

Help › Forums

Fairly new

Tue, Nov 23 2010 7:20 AM (8 replies)
  • Kaloke
    232 Posts
    Mon, Nov 22 2010 7:45 AM

Would love to meet a few people and just have fun. I have been playing for a few days now. Love this game. Would love to see the driving range and putting green though. The only thing I get really annoyed at is when you join a group and they quit. I have only played with 1 group of people that actually did not quit. If you don't want to play all the way through, don't start the game.

• Joeyola
    1,210 Posts
    Mon, Nov 22 2010 12:19 PM

Kaloke:
    Would love to see the driving range and putting green though.

I posted this in another Thread several days ago.

Just for fun, here is something you might try until they get us a practice facility around here. 

Driving Range:  Play a PRACTICE round.  On any hole, aim far right or left so the ball intentionally goes OB.  Each time this happens, you'll get another shot (after a penalty) from the same location, like the tee.  Repeating this gets you 3 or 4 shots from any place on the course, until you reach the max strokes allowed for the hole.  You can do the same thing on the next hole, or start the game over again.  You will also earn points for each stroke, even if you quit the game...and bonus points for completing the round. 

Putting: On the greens, you can putt, up to the max strokes per hole, as long as the ball does not go in the cup...again earning points along the way.  The important thing to remember is to always be in PRACTICE mode or everything you did will l count in your stats if you finish the the round.   

Joey

• borntobesting
    9,680 Posts
    Mon, Nov 22 2010 1:49 PM

Kaloke:

Would love to meet a few people and just have fun. I have been playing for a few days now. Love this game. Would love to see the driving range and putting green though. The only thing I get really annoyed at is when you join a group and they quit. I have only played with 1 group of people that actually did not quit. If you don't want to play all the way through, don't start the game.

What Joeyola said is pretty good advice except if you do aim far left or right and intentionally hit the ball out of bounds make sure you are using the free balls as any ball out of bounds is lost. As far as i'm concerned as driving range would actually be a bad idea. Unless you use the free balls you would wear out your balls and if you use the free balls you would not really get a good feel for how your shots would really react during a real round. 

As for a putting green seeing that each course has slightly different green speeds you would not really get a good feel how your putting would be out on the courses. The best thing to do is set up a practice round and take the max amount of stroke allowed on each green. Taking notes as to how each green breaks learning how to putt on each green. You couldn't do this on a practice putting green.

• Kaloke
    232 Posts
    Mon, Nov 22 2010 2:06 PM

Ty for the advise, I see your point on the driving range and the putting greens. I have been getting better each game and lots of practice rounds.

• Joeyola
    1,210 Posts
    Mon, Nov 22 2010 3:14 PM

borntobesting:
    make sure you are using the free balls as any ball out of bounds is lost

Excellent point borntobesting...sorry I didn't make that clear in my original post.  In addition, using the free Starter balls, in practice rounds, may not be an advantage if you are using premium balls in a tournament.

Joey

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Mon, Nov 22 2010 4:14 PM
    If, and I mean if, there were a driving range, one should be able to test and try all of the variety of golf balls for sale along with any club of interest for free just to test the efficacy of both along with the combination most suited to the finger in its adventure.
  • borntobesting
    9,680 Posts
    Mon, Nov 22 2010 4:21 PM

SweetiePie:
    If, and I mean if, there were a driving range, one should be able to test and try all of the variety of golf balls for sale along with any club of interest for free just to test the efficacy of both along with the combination most suited to the finger in its adventure.

Yes that would a great thing if they did make a driving range a let you do it that way.

• Joeyola
    1,210 Posts
    Mon, Nov 22 2010 9:54 PM

borntobesting:

SweetiePie:

Yes that would a great thing if they did make a driving range a let you do it that way.

Why do I get the felling it won't be free (wink).

Joey

• JPrince
    93 Posts
    Tue, Nov 23 2010 7:20 AM

I agree with this as well.  This would be a great addition.  And like a real driving range, I'd be willing to pay a small credit fee to use the range and test drive the products. 

RSS