Forums

Help › Forums

Tough-It-Out VT Feb event: Royal St. George's

rated by 0 users
Fri, Mar 6 2015 9:39 AM (121 replies)
  • KonradOse
    221 Posts
    Sun, Feb 15 2015 3:56 PM

I should have practised probably a bit, since I only played once or twice with starter clubs in the last 3 years, but I couldn't find the time for it. It was good fun still.

Early Highlights were this 21ft putt on #2 from above the hole and this tee shot on #3 to about 6ft.

I'm satisfied overall with a 72, since I couldn't reach half of the par 4's due to the wind and the starter putter has a mind of it's own.

• oneeyedjohn
    9,570 Posts
    Sun, Feb 15 2015 4:55 PM

practising for round 2 and this happened on #14, how odd,  it most  definitely is out of bounds virtually and in reality.

Maybe because it isn't an expensive Nike, WGT took sympathy on me.

and this happened on the next hole

• CerinoDevoti
    3,232 Posts
    Sun, Feb 15 2015 6:07 PM

^ Seems to be on the mini map so I guess It's in.

Loved the replay. Great shot and super lucky. Did you make the putt the first try? ;)))

• oneeyedjohn
    9,570 Posts
    Sun, Feb 15 2015 6:20 PM

Got an invite to an AS game, so never holed out, and I lost my CC pass.

First attempt was wiv the hybrid, bunkered it, so tried the 3 wood just to see if it would clear the bunkers, which it didn't, so I'll lay up like Fmagnets does, if it occurs again.

The mulligan feature is just brilliant, one of the best things WGT has ever done.

• ColumbusStorm
    3,417 Posts
    Mon, Feb 16 2015 12:50 AM
  • mmyers0
    478 Posts
    Mon, Feb 16 2015 9:37 AM

It's Monday 2/16. When does the second round start?

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Mon, Feb 16 2015 10:09 AM

It should start today, and run through till Sun 2/22.

Unfortunately, other than entering it, there's no way to see the R1/R2 dates for these hidden, link-only tourneys, but that is the schedule that I requested. Perhaps Shoe can answer... I'll PM him too.

Thanks for letting me know mm.

Edit: now I notice the Leaderboard says event runs till Mon 2/23, so perhaps Shoe set it up with today as closing day for R1, leaving a full 7 days for R2.

• CerinoDevoti
    3,232 Posts
    Mon, Feb 16 2015 10:55 AM

oneeyedjohn:

Got an invite to an AS game, so never holed out, and I lost my CC pass.

First attempt was wiv the hybrid, bunkered it, so tried the 3 wood just to see if it would clear the bunkers, which it didn't, so I'll lay up like Fmagnets does, if it occurs again.

The mulligan feature is just brilliant, one of the best things WGT has ever done.

During my Tourney round I went for it with the 3W and bunkered it. Was left with a red box side hill lie. I waaay over played the lie and hit it into the bunker to my left like an idiot. Hit a pretty good bunker shot from there but missed my bogey putt. If I had only layed up. :)))

I totally agree about the mulligans.  One of my practice rounds I actually hit over 100 shots. Practiced chipping and pitching from off greens repeatedly to see which of the two produced better results. Best part was I used a couple of those shots in the round to save some pars. Practice for round 2 is even more important. Certain fairways cannot be reached if into the wind so having some idea of where and how to come up short is paramount. Hole 9 and 10 are death into the wind.

Many thanks again to everyone for Toughing It Out in round 1 and I look forward to seeing if our leaders can remain under par when this thing is over. Gonna be pretty tough. :)

~CD~

• oneeyedjohn
    9,570 Posts
    Mon, Feb 16 2015 10:59 PM

To be honest I have practised like billyo on the second round and can find no way to get under par. The wind is such a huge factor with these clubs.

Only thing one can do is sharpen up the short game.

Am gonna play 6 straight 18 hole rounds, no mulligans, and see what wind sets I get.

• MatildaIgaly
    1,822 Posts
    Mon, Feb 16 2015 11:29 PM

Any info when round 2 will start?

RSS