Forums

Help › Forums

chipping

Sun, Jul 3 2011 2:45 AM (14 replies)
  • PAGES
  • ShooterMcKrausen
    11 Posts
    Wed, Nov 24 2010 9:24 AM
    Why is it when im buried in the rough,30%-40%,full swing is 14yds and i do a half swing, how can the ball go 23 yds, up hill?Theres a reason why this game is free. Extremely inconsistant.
  • Riccarddo
    2 Posts
    Thu, Nov 25 2010 11:58 AM

If you play real golf you may know about 'flyers'. These occur sometimes when a ball is hit from the rough.  Blades of grass interfere with the normal ball/clubface contact.  The result is the sort of thing you are talking about and the ball goes much further than you would expect. This only happens from the rough and only sometimes.

Very frustrating but just like real life!!!!

Hope that answers your question.

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Thu, Nov 25 2010 12:27 PM

Never do half a swing. Either flop or pitch using a club that allows you to give it all or nearly all of a swing.

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Thu, Nov 25 2010 12:56 PM

The punch shot is great for shots less than 20 yards because of the roll-out to the pin. I've made a lot of eagles using the punch-shot. Piz is correct with his analogy as well. 

It's been mentioned that if we use 95% of the meter or more on a shot, the ball will stop on a dime, even on a sloped part of the green. There's merit in this.

• ShooterMcKrausen
    11 Posts
    Fri, Dec 3 2010 8:47 AM
    I play real golf. Not bragging but im a pretty good chipper. Ive never chipped out of the rough and it went 1 yd. and on the next shot, in the same rough had it go 30 yds. past the pin. Maybe its realistic for hacks, but when your level is 30 or higher that stuff shouldnt happen. It happens off the tee, ever do a full swing with your driver, perfect hit and it only goes 130 yds? This game isnt based on skill its based on whatever the game wants to do to you. Ive played every golf game there is and this one , by far is one of the worst programed games ive ever played.
  • TheAceFactor
    2,147 Posts
    Sat, Dec 4 2010 11:46 PM

ShooterMcKrausen:
    I play real golf. Not bragging but im a pretty good chipper. Ive never chipped out of the rough and it went 1 yd. and on the next shot, in the same rough had it go 30 yds. past the pin. Maybe its realistic for hacks, but when your level is 30 or higher that stuff shouldnt happen
    That is exactly what Dustin Johnson said during the final round of the US Open... 

Ace

• LeGeNdCrUsHeR
    2,067 Posts
    Sun, Dec 5 2010 12:03 AM

• 3puttsSuk
    361 Posts
    Sun, Feb 20 2011 7:52 AM

has the chip function (swing)  changed recently?  My shots are rolling much farther than expected .  Lie and slope have all been calculated into my shots. Wind and green speeds too.

• LeGeNdCrUsHeR
    2,067 Posts
    Mon, Feb 21 2011 12:56 AM

Have you started using a different ball?  This changes the roll too.

LC

• lapeepers
    4 Posts
    Wed, Jun 29 2011 11:17 PM

Couldn't agree more. Same situation, first shot travels 1 yard. Next shot SAME CONDITIONS, NOTHING CHANGED, SAME METER SPEED...ball goes 15 yards past the cup.

Game is fun but VERY inconsistent.

Don't waste any real dollars for this.

• PAGES
RSS