Forums

Help › Forums

chipping

Sun, Jul 3 2011 2:45 AM (14 replies)
  • PAGES
  • LeGeNdCrUsHeR
    2,067 Posts
    Thu, Jun 30 2011 10:43 PM

Conditions may have changed even though the lie is the same.  A 30/40 1st cut is way different than a 30/40 2nd cut rough.

Play the cut, not the lie.  If it's 1st cut, figure in 1-2 yards more, and if it's 2nd cut play it for the actual percentage.

LC

• StrangeMagic
    1,304 Posts
    Fri, Jul 1 2011 5:38 AM

Not wanting to change the subject matter on this good thread but in a related topic.... I am finding putting from the fringe a huge benefit now that WGT has fixed it. But it is also, as IRL, subtle.....I had a perfect 20 foot putt through about approx 2 feet of fringe and "dinged it" and the ball was about 3 feet short on a perfect line.   So I think we must also add a smidge for putting from the fringe?    Any thots?

SM

• sixkiller
    1,147 Posts
    Fri, Jul 1 2011 6:02 AM

StrangeMagic:

also add a smidge for putting from the fringe?    Any thots?

SM

Yes, I think you must add a couple feet to the calculated distance for each foot of fringe to putt through.

• Golfspieler
    1,614 Posts
    Fri, Jul 1 2011 9:21 AM

StrangeMagic:

.   So I think we must also add a smidge for putting from the fringe?    Any thots?

SM

Just made a couple from the fringe at Oakie front  9, that was on tournament greens and I just added 1 foot of power to the putt distance. I would add more on slower greens though. But it's always a bit of guess work I think, it never works right all the time.

• LeGeNdCrUsHeR
    2,067 Posts
    Sun, Jul 3 2011 2:45 AM

Golfspieler:

Just made a couple from the fringe at Oakie front  9, that was on tournament greens and I just added 1 foot of power to the putt distance. I would add more on slower greens though. But it's always a bit of guess work I think, it never works right all the time.

Slow you need to add additional 3.0

Standard = 2.5

Fast = 2.0

Very Fast = 1.5

Tournament = 1.0

Tournament w/ Legends = 0.5

This is what I figured playing in a few practice rounds with different variations.  I try not to putt from the fringe if I am more than 12in. deep on the fringe. 

LC

• PAGES
RSS