Forums

Help › Forums

** Release notes - 2/25/15 **

Sat, Mar 7 2015 4:23 PM (315 replies)
  • gsoup
    2,929 Posts
    Wed, Feb 25 2015 9:38 AM

WGTicon:
     Multiplayer Game Invites – There is an issue occasionally affecting some players where game invites aren’t being received, we are still working on getting this fixed as soon as possible and appreciate the players who have been working with us to provide helpful feedback

you forgot

clear your caches, update flash and try another browser

• tmcal
    526 Posts
    Wed, Feb 25 2015 9:44 AM

some suggestions/advice for our wgt over-lords:

-it may be time to revisit your change management testing and implementation processes.  meeting a deadline isn't as important as functionality. 

-another ctth course is boring.  i would much rather see 9/18 hole courses for stroke play/match play/alt shot/etc. 

-i can't imagine the whole career earnings thing was really a big issue.  no one i play with even considered it.  not sure why it warranted time and coding effort when your time and coding effort could be better spent on fixing play issues with the current product

-stop worrying about things like changing how the rough plays and focus on putting out a better gaming product, fixing chronic play issues, and adding new real courses for us to play

• DaveDwingdale
    1,240 Posts
    Wed, Feb 25 2015 9:53 AM
     BigKnight:

Tgkomv:

The putting swing meter has been altered for some reason. And after the last update I'm getting some massive stuttering on both the normal swing meter and the putting swing meter. There's no way I can hit the ding, whether they moved it left or right. Hope that gets fixed.

same here...top of the line computer & connection and have never had these problems

Add my name to the list.  The game is broken.  There are other things to do.

• WGTadmin2
    1,152 Posts
    Wed, Feb 25 2015 9:58 AM

Funny you all... this is clearly not a "clear cache situation".  We have spent the morning chasing down a few issues.  Here is the latest update. 

1) The multiplayer invites not being received, is a very low level code issue and unfortunately very difficult to fix.  We have our top engineer on the task but no eta yet.  We will keep you posted.

2) Last stroke disconnect - We have fixed the main issue, with this release.  This should not happen very often anymore.  There are more edge cases and if you see them, please report them to us and we will chase them down.

3) Shifted "Ding" for putting - we have chased this down and will fix it shortly. Still figuring out what a jittery meter maybe.

4) RG payouts - This has now been resolved and should not happen anymore

5) Bracket display and progress issue - This has now been resolved and should not happen anymore

• RonnieCig
    50 Posts
    Wed, Feb 25 2015 10:03 AM

WGTadmin2:
    3) Shifted "Ding" for putting - we have chased this down and will fix it shortly. Still figuring out what a jittery meter maybe.

Just so you know, it's not only a jittery meter but the ball is stuttering during flight.

Take your time and fix it right, it isn't a "life or death" situation.

• fredsf
    1,460 Posts
    Wed, Feb 25 2015 10:08 AM

BigKnight:

Ducati916:

justacowboy:

wow  the meter sucks now  ......and whats up with the ding line on the putting green

The meter works just fine.

Sincerely,

Mel Tillis

QUALITY, Ducati...that's good stuff LMAO

BK, You'll need this at least to get a smooth ride in this game today!  ;-)

• Ianzzz
    6,348 Posts
    Wed, Feb 25 2015 10:12 AM

WGTadmin2:

1) The multiplayer invites not being received, is a very low level code issue and unfortunately very difficult to fix.  We have our top engineer on the task but no eta yet.  We will keep you posted.

Thanks for posting and good that there are some fixes. 

With regard the invites problem, the last bit is , in my mind , the important one.

We all know that there is a serious issue and can accept if it takes a while to fix but we do need very regular news, it is the not knowing or (as it can be taken) being ignored which riles most. Be honest with us and most will give leeway.

• MAXPOWER888
    434 Posts
    Wed, Feb 25 2015 10:27 AM

WGTadmin2:
    Funny you all... this is clearly not a "clear cache situation".  We have spent the morning chasing down a few issues.  Here is the latest update. 

Thanks for the update. Nice to know someone is looking at things.

But, from a player's perspective the jittery, stuttering meter is probably the biggest issue right now arising out of this update.

From my personal experience: Was a dedicated IE user for about the first 2 years playing this game. Meter was occasionally bad but not horrific. About 6 months ago that regressed and the stuttering meter was so bad the game was virtually unplayable. Tried some other browsers at that time and after a few tries found Firefox seemed to work well with my system. With no other windows open the meter was smooth as silk and since then the game was a joy to play again (except for all the other issues well documented in these forums but they are more headache than terminal).

HOWEVER, first game today after the update and the meter was awful. 2 double bogies and a lost ball later brings a RG withdraw after 9 holes (and I usually finish regardless of how bad I may be doing). Tried a couple of other browsers and they seem to be just as bad.

I have to agree with many of the regular RG players who have already chimed in on this topic. The jumpy meter takes most of the skill out of the competition and makes it purely a lottery as to whether or not you can hit a (relatively) good shot. I think I will be staying away from any serious play until this issue (if it is as bad as it appears to be) is resolved.

Please, please, please WGT tell us you are aware there seem to be some new issues with the meter since the last update and that you are working to resolve same.

• fredsf
    1,460 Posts
    Wed, Feb 25 2015 10:28 AM

ZioMio:

Just got a new pop-up in the game client stating I received a gift from a member. Is this something new with the update. Checked my account and it was received five days ago.

Got it too when I entered the 1st game I went for this morning, a ready go! Oh boy, oh misery, oh regrets!!! If only ready go tournaments were suspended the time the meter issues and all of them during the game like these weird short shots despite the power you put into them, this ball that goes to the right when you ding the shot and the wind is 10-12 mph right to left... Spring is coming in San Francisco, sun and warm air are enjoyable...Guys, think about these guys who have to work in these tough conditions!!!  ;-)

• russellfahey
    4,286 Posts
    Wed, Feb 25 2015 10:34 AM

WGTadmin2:

2) Last stroke disconnect - We have fixed the main issue, with this release.  This should not happen very often anymore.  There are more edge cases and if you see them, please report them to us and we will chase them down.

4) RG payouts - This has now been resolved and should not happen anymore

5) Bracket display and progress issue - This has now been resolved and should not happen anymore

Thanks for the heads up.This is what most players have been moaning about the most,lack of communication from WGT.Personally i feel for the mods(maybe not icon lol) as they have a very difficult job trying to placate all our gripes.

Russell

RSS