Forums

Help › Forums

** Release notes - 2/25/15 **

Sat, Mar 7 2015 4:23 PM (315 replies)
  • jayw4862
    3,364 Posts
    Wed, Feb 25 2015 10:35 AM

WGTadmin2:
    1) The multiplayer invites not being received, is a very low level code issue and unfortunately very difficult to fix.  We have our top engineer on the task but no eta yet.  We will keep you posted.

Thanks for the "update on the update". 

"...very low level code issue.......very difficult to fix". Sounds like an oxymoron-type thing. But, I'm not a geek, so maybe low level means hard and high level means easy in geek-speak. 

One last bit. It's pretty easy to see that the multi-player games are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay on the back burner. Other than those who play CTTH putting with starter balls, this is surely the lowest revenue producing segment of the WGT options. I know a lot of people really enjoy the multi-player games, and it's sad that because it is not a money-maker, it gets shoved back, or erased from the to-do list. I don't do multi-player games much, so at least I'm not affected and/or as angry as many are. Hopefully, the TOP engineer can get it straightened out ;-)

Glad to see Chambers Bay coming. 

• Agassi1991
    777 Posts
    Wed, Feb 25 2015 10:40 AM

Hi

Sorry WGT, but at the moment with the meter issue it seems pointless in playing this great game :-(

Peter

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Wed, Feb 25 2015 10:45 AM

Starter ball until things are fixed.  That's my pledge,  who's with me?

Not risking losing any yelloway with the way the game is playing at the moment.

• WGTdbloshoe
    2,840 Posts
    Wed, Feb 25 2015 10:48 AM

Everyone we are currently testing away on the ding issue.  We are trying to get to the root cause of the issue.  The current theory is that it is a display issue with the assets and not a issue with the swing meter.

In terms of the jerky meter, I have been testing it and I am not personally seeing anything wrong with the meter.  I was using chrome, are you all seeing it on a specific browser or is it wide spread?

- WGTdbloshoe

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Wed, Feb 25 2015 10:54 AM

WGTdbloshoe:
    In terms of the jerky meter, I have been testing it and I am not personally seeing anything wrong with the meter.  I was using chrome, are you all seeing it on a specific browser or is it wide spread?

On Chrome and Comodo Dragon, both at home and at work.  At work being a College speed internet.

I have noticed that the starter ball doesn't seem as bad as with a premium ball that slows the meter down.  Could be that the starter ball meter is that much quicker that my eyes don't get a chance to see the meter jitters.

Additionally, in a practice round right now and a few times so far I have had no swing meter whatsoever, and a time or two where I had the meter, and the swing icon but nothing happens with the meter.  No power bar or anything,  seems to happen after watching replay.

• mssommer
    30 Posts
    Wed, Feb 25 2015 10:54 AM

WGTdbloshoe:

Everyone we are currently testing away on the ding issue.  We are trying to get to the root cause of the issue.  The current theory is that it is a display issue with the assets and not a issue with the swing meter.

- WGTdbloshoe

On Maxthon and yes,, its crappy meter, only done a 9holer today...not gonna play more until u guys fix it,+ the dingline on putting...

Moe

• MAXPOWER888
    434 Posts
    Wed, Feb 25 2015 10:55 AM

WGTdbloshoe:

What almost everyone on the site is saying, AND certainly the everyday players who know the game (those who post in the forums regularly and those who do not) is that the meter thing seems to be across all browsers and is certainly not normal.

If you can't see something wrong with the meter please send me some of what you are smoking or otherwise consuming so as to alleviate some of my current discomfort.

• Agassi1991
    777 Posts
    Wed, Feb 25 2015 10:55 AM

Hi

I am using maxthon 4.4.4.2000

Until yesterday just before WGT update smooth meter. After update HORRIBLE meter :-(

Agassi1991

• Agassi1991
    777 Posts
    Wed, Feb 25 2015 10:56 AM

+1

• DDRoss1
    1,809 Posts
    Wed, Feb 25 2015 10:57 AM

WGTdbloshoe:

- WGTdbloshoe

i tried 6 different browsers including Chrome, all stuttered and putter is off. I always clear the cache, ran mal ware on computer and avg and other cleaning items, still stuttering like hell....wont be playing today...stupid me also bought balls what a waste as the game right now for me is unplayable.

RSS