Forums

Help › Forums

Need to vent

rated by 0 users
Sat, Dec 18 2010 6:21 PM (60 replies)
  • bigdaddyarmy22
    8 Posts
    Wed, Dec 15 2010 4:13 PM

First off, we seriously need some new courses to play or unlock some that are closest to the hole only courses.  Second, the putting on here sucks.  2 feet from the hole and a barely perceptible slope should be an easy one right?  Hell no...it's worse than real life putting when you are a fraction off.  And heaven forbid they make a 500 yd hole a par 5.  Just a little tired of knowing that if I want to improve (hypothetically), I have to spend actual money for better clubs.  I know the 1st response will be either quit playing or enjoy it because it is free.  Well, I got it so don't say it!  Just pisses me off that I can't get any better without spending money.  I feel better now.  Peace out!

• stencil
    455 Posts
    Wed, Dec 15 2010 6:18 PM

Could you get clubs and balls from wal-mart and shoot good?

No.......

Stencil

• Yappy22
    733 Posts
    Wed, Dec 15 2010 7:28 PM

bigdaddyarmy22:

First off, we seriously need some new courses to play or unlock some that are closest to the hole only courses.  Second, the putting on here sucks.  2 feet from the hole and a barely perceptible slope should be an easy one right?  Hell no...it's worse than real life putting when you are a fraction off.  And heaven forbid they make a 500 yd hole a par 5.  Just a little tired of knowing that if I want to improve (hypothetically), I have to spend actual money for better clubs.  I know the 1st response will be either quit playing or enjoy it because it is free.  Well, I got it so don't say it!  Just pisses me off that I can't get any better without spending money.  I feel better now.  Peace out!

Time for y'all to pony up....or be a poor player for ever.

• Fubar057
    170 Posts
    Wed, Dec 15 2010 7:32 PM

Everyone that has bitched about one thing or another about how this isnt fair or thats not fair. I think if everyone would stop buying wgt golf balls and just use the starter balls then that would hurt WGT more in the pocket book. I believe probably 90% of everyone playing already have the clubs that they want,so buying clubs right now isnt what they profit from. Its the balls that we have to keep buying over and over and if all these players that think there so good then they should be able to play with starter ball and not have even a more advantage over the lower players. I guarantee you that if everyone would stop using the pay for balls then maybe WGT might start listening too what everone is complaining about and try to fix the problems.  will wait and see if this gets published.

• ncviz
    527 Posts
    Wed, Dec 15 2010 7:52 PM

I'll take the 2nd one... enjoy it because it is free. You know you were asking for it ;).

In all seriousness, if you're getting frustrated at Tour Pro you might want to stay there and enjoy it, cause it doesn't get any easier as you go up.

• jakestanfill7
    949 Posts
    Wed, Dec 15 2010 8:35 PM

Bigdaddy,

It's possible to get better without buying stuff with real money.  Think I had average around 68 or 9 with all the free stuff.  I will say I enjoy the game much more with top of the line equipment.

I look at it as a very small investment versus the amount of time I play on here.  I've spent a total of about $100 (equal to 2 rounds at real course) and have profited about $1000 in real winnings (gift cards, sunglasses, etc).  I also haven't had to pay for a ball out of my own pocket since match play challenge and ready gos came around.

If you want to get better keep plugging away and you can improve.  If you want to shoot low 60s then you have no choice but to come out of pocket.

• supermex79
    31 Posts
    Wed, Dec 15 2010 9:36 PM

frustrated at tour pro.....yep....gee, I have more frustration to look forward to.....Hey, I agree with the majority of the bitching, especially about the meter and putting....Just curious, how many retirees out there are above Tour Pro?......I work 9-10 hr days and still manage to get on every day, if even for a few hours..but, its just not enough to get better....Alot of people with more time are more than likely a hell of alot better than me...Iam sure of that!!...Just how many hours are the upper levels putting in at WGT in a day? a week? If I had the time, I would be playing more, just to get better. I was just wondering, not trying to ruffle any feathers, I always look for answers from the more experienced players and try to use that  information to get better and I appreciate all their feedbacks.

• SGTBilko
    1,686 Posts
    Thu, Dec 16 2010 3:12 AM

Alright.........one soldier to another. Man up and buy some clubs. It's about makin some cash on here plain an simple. The investment is cheap, if you just start off by buying a driver and a putter only. Most of us have started this way and look at it this way. Once you get good you can start playing the ready go's and win a little back at a time like I have done.

• x1524807
    776 Posts
    Thu, Dec 16 2010 5:03 AM

jakestanfill7:
    If you want to get better keep plugging away and you can improve.  If you want to shoot low 60s then you have no choice but to come out of pocket.

question----are you really shooting 60,  or are your clubs shooting 60,lol.lol,lol

wouldn't be nice to know it is your SKILL, and not your pocketbook

• jakestanfill7
    949 Posts
    Thu, Dec 16 2010 5:28 AM

x1524807:

jakestanfill7:

question----are you really shooting 60,  or are your clubs shooting 60,lol.lol,lol

wouldn't be nice to know it is your SKILL, and not your pocketbook

You're not tired of this insane argument yet?  Like I said I got to around 68 with all free stuff but impossible to win big tournaments and the best prizes.  Under old scoring average I made master with freebies.  Not much fun from there so I came out of pocket a bit.  After knee reconstruct I was unable to hit the real course for almost a year.  Seemed like a small price to pay. 

So let's ask Tiger, Phil or Ernie why they don't play all Top Flite equipment.  Is it all their top of the line stuff that makes them good?  Does X play real golf?  If so, are you still using persimmon woods and hickory shaft irons?

X, have you played a practice round from the way back tees yet?  See how you do firing 3 woods into tourney greens with no spin.  As a Legend we have no choice but to buy and play the best equipment we have access to...that is if we want to win anything. I say buy, but technically other players have funded most of my purchases from my winnings. 

I'd be happy to demonstrate my skill if you like.  Pick the course and conditions.  We set it up in practice mode so we can both play the same shots.  18 holes and the loser  forfeits 5000 credits to the winner.  Happy to play for more if you like.

Question X, how much money have you won here? Not credits but actual prizes or gift cards.  Getting close to cashing in for another $250 gift card here.

Just asking some questions X, so please keep it civil.  I know you have it in you.  :)

RSS