Forums

Help › Forums

Need to vent

rated by 0 users
Sat, Dec 18 2010 6:21 PM (60 replies)
  • bigdaddyarmy22
    8 Posts
    Thu, Dec 16 2010 8:59 PM

Thanks to all who replied.  Special thanks to SGT B.  I'll keep pluggin' away and will probably buy some new clubs once I get some damn money...XMAS killed me this year!!!

• x1524807
    776 Posts
    Fri, Dec 17 2010 5:51 AM

I'd be happy to demonstrate my skill if you like

jakestanfill7:
    Question X, how much money have you won here? Not credits but actual prizes or gift cards.  Getting close to cashing in for another $250 gift card here.

Your ego is popping out of your skin. I would love to see your skill level with reg clubs, so here we go

number one, money is not the object, your skill is the object, so do not bring your wild betting moods into this. After all, your avg is 11 better than mine, so why would you want to play for money. You do have a problem, and I am not your solution/

Beth page, front 9, set the tee and wind etc to your liking.

Let us see how close to 60 you can get, and do not bring your fancy clubs, ball or putter with you

• neildiamond11790
    1,115 Posts
    Fri, Dec 17 2010 7:56 AM

"Beth page, front 9, set the tee and wind etc to your liking.

Let us see how close to 60 you can get, and do not bring your fancy clubs, ball or putter with you"

You saying he cant shoot sub 60 on 9 holes?

X you are flat out wrong on this arguement.  If you were correct in that its the equipment making people better you would not  have Legends shooting low 60's and others with same equipment shooting high 60's to low 70's, would you?  We would all be legends and we all would be shooting low 60's.

I bought equipment day 2 on the site for 2 reasons:

1)  I wanted to hit shots more like I can in real life.  The flat trajectories of the starter clubs are not realistic to what many of us do in real life.

2)  I love the game and want to see it around for a long time and the small investment of less then what a real round of golf costs is no big deal.  Yes you can play free, but in general you cannot compete with others playing with better equipment, and boo hoo for you if you are using beginner clubs in an advanced tier.

If you want to ask someone to put aside their better equipment and play you, I have no problem doing so, but give me the same amount of time that you are using those clubs to get used to them again and learn the distances and shot types all over.

Lastly, why do you play beginner clubs and not the better clubs?  No money?  Are you a beginner club purist, so if I gifted you top of level clubs you would not use them?

• x1524807
    776 Posts
    Fri, Dec 17 2010 8:28 AM

neildiamond11790:
    X you are flat out wrong on this arguement.  If you were correct in that its the equipment making people better you would not  have Legends shooting low 60's and others with same equipment shooting high 60's t

nope, not wrong, just got a letter on the wall and he admits the best he ever shot with regs is 68, which is a figment of his imagination. The reason I say that is he refuses to show me he can shoot 68 with regs. I will give you my thoughts, 99% of you guys cannot go onto beth, with regs, and break par

You can give me any straw man you want for buying clubs, but if you want to be honest with yourself, look in the mirror and say. I BOUGHT CLUBS BECAUSE I WANT TO SEE A LOWER SCORE BY MY NAME, and that is the reason I use reg clubs. I  want to see a lower score by my name because my skill level has improved. This is a game, and that is why you play games, to improve your skill level. I play real golf, poorly, but I play because it is fun to go to the club and play, meet people, have a drink, socialize and have fun playing with other people. The banter, the friendship and the 19th hole talk. I do not go to improve my skill level, because I do not have the time or money to improve my skill level. Real golf requires regular play, and most of us do not have time for regular play.

If you look on my profile I have 300 credits that were given to me when I turned pro, and could upgrade to a better driver or other club. I choose not to because the game is a challenge, and I do not want to ruin the challenge with super clubs

• jakestanfill7
    949 Posts
    Fri, Dec 17 2010 8:53 AM

x1524807:
    nope, not wrong, just got a letter on the wall and he admits the best he ever shot with regs is 68, which is a figment of his imagination. The reason I say that is he refuses to show me he can shoot 68 with regs. I will give you my thoughts, 99% of you guys cannot go onto beth, with regs, and break par

Just because I won't spend time with folks like you for FREE doesn't mean I refuse to play  you.  You purport to be the real genius here while calling everyone else names so why can't you understand I'm happy to play you for a wager?  If I wasn't very confident why the hell would I bet $50?

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Dec 17 2010 9:00 AM

Be cool, Jake, it's a no win situation. You're the lion that roared when his cage got poked, this week. Who will it be next week?   :-)

• StoneColdKiller
    76 Posts
    Fri, Dec 17 2010 10:26 AM

Xwhateveryournameis.

Before the legend tier was introduced and the highest tier was 'master' which was achieved by having a 65ish average, I made master with starter equipment and starter balls. I continued to play with starter balls for the longest of times (ask anyone). Even shot 70 (even par) during the oak qualifiers  with starter equipment from the back tees and icy fast greens.

• swannyxx
    303 Posts
    Fri, Dec 17 2010 10:34 AM

YankeeJim:

Be cool, Jake, it's a no win situation. You're the lion that roared when his cage got poked, this week. Who will it be next week?   :-)

Well said jim

• jakestanfill7
    949 Posts
    Fri, Dec 17 2010 10:35 AM

Apologies to Bigdaddyarmy22 for hijacking your thread. 

X, friend request sent.  If you want to play or need to discuss further feel free to shoot me a message.

• neildiamond11790
    1,115 Posts
    Fri, Dec 17 2010 11:05 AM

x, to be mature about this (you not me) if its your choice to be the purist to the fake golf game, then don't whine about what others chose to do (spend money) and dont be absurd to think because you play with regs you are superior in skill.  WGT with better clubs is a different and better game.  Dont use "skill" as an excuse for cheap.

go look up nivlac and see what he did with reg clubs.  

RSS