Help › Forums

Can't post Youtube Vids Anymore

rated by 0 users
Thu, May 28 2015 1:23 AM (16 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Sun, May 17 2015 9:37 PM

I used to do fine posting them.  I just deleted the "s" from the https and always good to go.

Now I do that and get :

And If I do not do that I get:

Any one  - please:)

Iced Dragon = perfect

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Sun, May 17 2015 10:01 PM

Works for me. Are you removing the http part that is always in the first box and are you changing 550 to 450?

• jayw4862
    3,364 Posts
    Sun, May 17 2015 10:24 PM

Jim, I just posted on in my CC forum and it worked fine. It won't show up when I use a Chromium browser, though. I posted using IceDragon. And I take out the "s". Try a different browser. Good luck.

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Sun, May 17 2015 11:04 PM

jayw4862:
    Jim, I just posted on in my CC forum and it worked fine. It won't show up when I use a Chromium browser, though. I posted using IceDragon. And I take out the "s". Try a different browser. Good luck.

Cheers feller,

Iced Dragon worked a treat same as used to.

I stopped using chrome when they fiddled with flash.  I could not see any vids this place with them either.  Usually I use Maxthon cloud, and I did also try Mozilla FF just for the vid to see if a browser issue.  Boredom then set in, and came to the forum;)

Thanks also Ms Fish.  FWIW I never found changing the number for VIDS made any difference.  Anyway Iced Dragon simply deleted the "s" in time honoured fashion and works a treat. 

Will try Iced Dragon for the actual game, and if it works fine here it's my new favourite WGT browser, LOL.

• ScottHope
    10,353 Posts
    Mon, May 18 2015 1:48 AM
    Jim, I wouldn't use YouTube's share links to try to post a video to watch on the forum, they're perfectly okay though for making a link that will take you to YouTube to watch on their site. In addition to that, any preferred start position you add to the link will work that way.

But to post a video that can be viewed on the forum it's best to take the URL directly from the address bar.
  • daveparr
    1,175 Posts
    Mon, May 18 2015 8:02 AM

I Was haveing similar problems posting in a new music thread in my club, 

my method is a double posting, first l post the the URL in my club music thread that 1, never works,  l then go to my Email box copy the URL from the message wgt have sent then go back to my music thread and replace the first URL with the one l just copied from my Email box thats the only way l can get it to work lol

Dave

• ScottHope
    10,353 Posts
    Mon, May 18 2015 8:27 AM

Are both URLs exactly the same Dave?

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Mon, May 18 2015 8:34 AM

Scott is the man Dave.

And Scott thanks for that extra inf too,  I never even thought about being able to specify a start point........I will now though.  Thanks as ever:)

• ScottHope
    10,353 Posts
    Mon, May 18 2015 9:07 AM

Cheers Jim....

...the start point is just a matter of getting the video to the point you want it to begin playing, then checking this tick box...

...which just adds a bit of extra information to the end of the URL. But that doesn't work for watching the video here.  : (

See HERE for updated information regarding start and end points for playing part of a video.

• ScottHope
    10,353 Posts
    Mon, May 18 2015 10:47 AM

Jimbog1964:
    Thanks also Ms Fish.  FWIW I never found changing the number for VIDS made any difference.

Jim, both you and Courteney are partially correct on this matter of video sizing, but changing just the width value alone has no effect on the size of the posted video. You could put a value of 100 or 1000 in that box and the video would always be posted the same size.

To effect a change in size you need to specify a height value too, and seeing as how most videos these days are widescreen, a good starting point to complement a width of 450 pixels, is 275 pixels high, which represents an aspect ratio of 16:9 (I've included 25 pixels extra height to allow room for the play controls). If you wish to autohide the progress bar / play controls etc (see next paragraph), then you only need a height of 250 pixels.

For auto-hiding the controls mentioned above, you can add the text
    ?autohide=1 to the end of the URL as shown in the above picture, the controls will then disappear off the screen during playback like they do in fullscreen mode on Youtube.   : )
  • PAGES
RSS