Help › Forums

Putter Reviews

Mon, Dec 27 2010 8:46 AM (13 replies)
  • PAGES
  • StrangeMagic
    1,304 Posts
    Sun, Dec 19 2010 6:10 AM

SgtDoodles:

Just tried the Redwood and I'm really not sure. The meter speed seems to be quite low. A bit hard to upgrade to this from Starter as the 45ft setting is confusing. Do I need a calculator and a grid for putts now???

Doodles

Takes awhile...but this is the "Bible". Written long ago by NivLac who became WGTNIV, who then became a ghost as did other greats like Tibbets:

http://wgt.com/forums/t/559.aspx

• puttersman
    240 Posts
    Mon, Dec 27 2010 5:49 AM

MY good friend I must disagree with you just a little. I have the spider and love it. although other than the basic putter it is all I have used, but I don't find it hard to use. True I am only a Tour Pro....but, I am getting better, perhaps I should try another and see what happens. 

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Dec 27 2010 6:41 AM

puttersman:
    perhaps I should try another and see what happens. 

The difference doesn't magnify itself until you get on the faster greens. Unfortunately, you can only practice on Very Fast greens now but Oakmont's Very Fast, with all the ups and downs there, is a pretty good place to see how much difference a putter can make.

Look at it this way. The difference between your Spider and the free putter is what it would be like comparing the Spider to the better putters.  GL

• Goldor
    20 Posts
    Mon, Dec 27 2010 8:46 AM

I have both the Spider and the Red wood. I play almost all the time with the Spider. If I am putting really bad I switch but end up going back to the Spider. 

• PAGES
RSS