Forums

Help › Forums

Name~Kill

Sat, Jun 13 2015 12:54 PM (14 replies)
  • PAGES
  • SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Thu, Jun 11 2015 2:19 PM

This past weekend my niece (she is 20, I'm 27) came home from college with her life-long friend. I was so happy to see them both. Then, something strange took place. Greeting the friend, I said "Hey.....I hesitated....girl! Sup?" Her name is Caitland. Oh, it happens. Who, since 1950 has named their son Adolph ? Name~Kill. Or, say, a double kill like Julius and Ethel (ie Rosenberg)...even Caesar and Ethel Mertz couldn't help, and of course, Ethel Merman..you kiddin? Not a chance. Both names victims of Name~Kill.  And now, in this, my case, Jenner is the culprit. I felt funny calling her Caitland...the friend and Jenner. There are some other odd-ball scenerio's. Like Barak Hussein 0. This one is strange because nobody would pick the name Barak anyway, certainly not now and Hussein ? Insane. It can happen, at times out of stupidity or sense of humor...it seems...among Orientals. Like one family, Vietnamese folk named Phoc, innocently named their baby girl Iwanna. Or the Wong family, whose baby boy showed up with downs syndrome, so they named him Sum Ting.... Anyway

• mkg335
    5,491 Posts
    Thu, Jun 11 2015 2:39 PM

• donsprintr
    2,063 Posts
    Fri, Jun 12 2015 2:28 AM

I recommend dueling pistols at 30 paces ...

• mkrizan86
    1,866 Posts
    Fri, Jun 12 2015 3:23 AM

I actually know a young lady named Živa Mrcina, which, translated into English, means Living Beast. The nicest person you'll ever meet though ;-)

• KILLER52
    754 Posts
    Fri, Jun 12 2015 5:09 AM

(I was wondering why my ears were ringin…whew…)

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Fri, Jun 12 2015 6:38 AM

mkg335:

Mark, is that a left wing nut or right wing nut?

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Fri, Jun 12 2015 7:48 AM

Despite being an ignorant bigot , Lily really  is a top class troll.

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Fri, Jun 12 2015 7:49 AM

Used to work with a very nice bloke named, Sedat Kunt (true)

• mkg335
    5,491 Posts
    Fri, Jun 12 2015 8:17 AM

andyson:

mkg335:

Mark, is that a left wing nut or right wing nut?

Andy, definitely listing to starboard.

btw, if a nation's left and right wings are strong enough, the whole thing can stand right up and fly away.

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Fri, Jun 12 2015 9:28 AM

PaulTon:

Despite being an ignorant bigot , Lily really  is a top class troll.

Maybe, just maybe mind you, it is my distractions. I'm trying to figure out answers by taking the number of stars in our galaxy - multiplied by the fraction that form planets... - multiplied by the average number of planets in the habitable zone... - multiplied by the fraction of these that give birth to life... - multiplied by the fraction of these that develop intelligence... - multiplied by the fraction of these that produce interstellar communications... - multiplied by the fraction of the planet's lifetime during which civilizations survive. See? Yet I freely admit that I don't know what "troll" means in proper "tech" parlance. ;-}

• PAGES
RSS