Forums

Help › Forums

Creation of practice area

Thu, Feb 17 2011 3:36 PM (15 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Royboy1946
    1,847 Posts
    Fri, Dec 24 2010 9:57 AM

Any thoughts on a Driving range and putting greens to get use to clubs etc. Even going to the point of using Demo clubs from the Pro Shop, ie try before you buy.

What would also be helpful is bunkers at the Range and rough, to practice those shots.

• Joeyola
    1,210 Posts
    Fri, Dec 24 2010 10:48 AM

Play practice rounds.  You can hit the ball OB to practice your swing...you'll get 4 shots, or so, from the same place before hitting the max shots allowed per hole.  On the greens you can putt to a target, instead of the hole, and get 7 or 8 putts as well.  For rough or bunkers, try hitting back to the lie then try it again.  Maybe someday WGT will give us a practice facility but until that happens...

Remember, if you are using premium balls, they wear out and can be lost in a practice round.  The good news is you'll get some level points for each swing, and even more if you finish the round.

Joey

• TeeWade
    1,216 Posts
    Fri, Dec 24 2010 5:20 PM

That's all we can do at this point with this game. Great idea once again, as it has been posted many times before! Can't wait to see them implement this feature..............

• puttersman
    240 Posts
    Mon, Dec 27 2010 5:44 AM

If it has been posted many times, then perhaps they are not paying attention. I too would like to be able to practice chip shots, flops, putting, etc, reset. do it again without it costing me money for balls, this only makes common sense to any one who would create a superior game like this. Just like Links did. With the exception of the graphics Links had many superior, advantages to WGT that could be incorporated here making this the undisputed best golf sim ever created. 

• TeeWade
    1,216 Posts
    Tue, Dec 28 2010 11:30 AM

Go try Shotonline.com      great game too!

• Royboy1946
    1,847 Posts
    Mon, Jan 24 2011 10:18 AM

OK, WGT.COM.

I don't hear any answers!!!!

Talk to us, the guy's and girl's who are paying your wages!!!

What are you going to propose???

It surely can not be that hard, for the wizz-kids of today, to make a simple practice area, were players can, well "practice", different shots etc etc etc.

TALK TOO US. Please

Regards Roy

PS. On another subject.

If the wind indicator say's the wind is from behind, slightly from the right,,,,,

DON'T SEND MY BALL TO THE LEFT, PLEASE.

Cheers. I'll wait to here from you guy's or girl's!!!!!!

• MioKontic
    4,643 Posts
    Mon, Jan 24 2011 2:57 PM

Don't hold thine breath!  I have yet to see a response from WGT that answers a question about something we want rather than what makes them money.  If you'd asked "I want to buy $100 worth of credits but can't get it to accept my bank card", you'd probably get a response within 1 minute.  After all, WGTIcon (supposedly) reads all posts in the forum.

• Royboy1946
    1,847 Posts
    Sat, Jan 29 2011 12:37 AM

Hi Mio

If thats the case, I'll keep repeating the suggestion until we do get a response.

"Any thoughts on a Driving range and putting greens to get use to clubs etc. Even going to the point of using Demo clubs from the Pro Shop, ie try before you buy.

What would also be helpful is bunkers at the Range and rough, to practice those shots."

It's their server that will have to store all the messages. So once a month, I'll check for any response and if not, re-list it. "Simple, as the Miercat would say" (not sure of the spelling !!!!)

We'll wait and see

Cheers

• MioKontic
    4,643 Posts
    Sat, Jan 29 2011 5:07 AM

Royboy1946:
    "Simple, as the Miercat would say"

CompareTheMeerkat.com

:-)

• UGGGGJMM
    68 Posts
    Sat, Jan 29 2011 5:41 AM

Joeyola:

Play practice rounds.  You can hit the ball OB to practice your swing...you'll get 4 shots, or so, from the same place before hitting the max shots allowed per hole.  On the greens you can putt to a target, instead of the hole, and get 7 or 8 putts as well.  For rough or bunkers, try hitting back to the lie then try it again.  Maybe someday WGT will give us a practice facility but until that happens...

Remember, if you are using premium balls, they wear out and can be lost in a practice round.  The good news is you'll get some level points for each swing, and even more if you finish the round.

Joey

You are a clever boy with your advices but a practice area would much better.

• PAGES
RSS