Forums

Help › Forums

Most ranked rounds without a HIO???

Fri, Sep 9 2011 6:25 AM (30 replies)
  • Wesdogg75
    2,431 Posts
    Wed, Jan 5 2011 7:19 PM

Just curious as to who has the most ranked rounds without an ace. 850  rounds and counting for me have several in ctth contest and practice rounds, but none as of yet in a ranked round.

Wes

• PorkyWalrus
    607 Posts
    Fri, Jan 7 2011 2:17 AM

I have 1341 rounds thus far without one. I have come ever so close several times, if only I put a strand of hair's width more on the swing!

• Wesdogg75
    2,431 Posts
    Fri, Jan 7 2011 6:30 AM

Thnx for your response Porky, 1341 ranked rounds without a HIO is alot, I wondered if there would be any over 1000 rounds.

Well good luck this year maybe we''ll both get that elusive HIO in a ranked round!!

Wes

• neildiamond11790
    1,115 Posts
    Fri, Jan 7 2011 6:55 AM

ONce you get one, you will get more quickly, I had my first after many months, then had 3 more within a week.  Then its been dry for quite a while now.  Best bet IMO is Kia #8 and Oak #6.  Both if you learn the distance will feed to the hole.

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Fri, Jan 7 2011 7:39 AM

It took me over 1700 ranked rounds to get my first Ace. Like Greg said, I've come close so many times, it seems like I should have a dozen Aces or so if they would've dropped.  : )

• Wesdogg75
    2,431 Posts
    Fri, Jan 7 2011 12:37 PM

I actually did hole one on #8 at Kiawah but it was in a practice round, I suspect the reson I don't have 1 in a ranked round yet has to do with playing full b/s on alot of my iron shot and having balls that do spin alot, seems like they always hit and bounce left or right of the hole or even backs up  over the hole.

Best chances are to probably play less spin and try to let it release to the hole.

Thnx for the input guys, so I'm not the only decent player with alot of rounds under my belt with no ranked HIO!!

Wes

• eivets
    433 Posts
    Fri, Jan 7 2011 1:14 PM

I had 3 holes in one in real life on the same day.

It was @ an "outing" for a local go-go bar, ahem, gentlemen's club.

I think her name was Suzi.

• borntobesting
    9,681 Posts
    Fri, Jan 7 2011 1:23 PM

Wesdogg75:

I actually did hole one on #8 at Kiawah but it was in a practice round, I suspect the reson I don't have 1 in a ranked round yet has to do with playing full b/s on alot of my iron shot and having balls that do spin alot, seems like they always hit and bounce left or right of the hole or even backs up  over the hole.

Best chances are to probably play less spin and try to let it release to the hole.

Thnx for the input guys, so I'm not the only decent player with alot of rounds under my belt with no ranked HIO!!

Wes

May be but maybe not, My first  hole-in-one on here went in on the fly and never touched anything but the bottom of the cup. Just like my 1 and only real life hole-in-one. 

• wrinkles
    561 Posts
    Sat, Jan 8 2011 8:14 AM

1604 ranked rounds and still waiting!

• wrinkles
    561 Posts
    Thu, Mar 24 2011 5:45 AM

Over 2000 now and still waiting!

RSS