Forums

Help › Forums

Congratulations to a Friend

Sun, Jan 16 2011 11:33 AM (4 replies)
  • mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Sat, Jan 15 2011 7:18 PM

Hi There

We just fininshed a 9 hole Match Play game at Oakmont and I would like to Congratulate Dave (Asthma) for what proved to be the best M/P game I've had sofar. We had 3 long range chip-ins (2 by him and 1 from me) I have never seen this happen before (3 long chips ins) and I just could not stop laughing all the way through the match. I ended up winning on the 10th hole, but was sorry the match had to end.

A match played in good spirit, heaps of swearing and a load of laughter....lol...not forgetting the hot golf we were both playing!

Well done Dave

Roger(mantis0014)

• borntobesting
    9,680 Posts
    Sat, Jan 15 2011 7:32 PM

I also would like to congratulate a friend for a well played M/P round. Andyson and I played a match play round on the backside of St.Andrews . While we both had a couple of bad holes we also played some exceptional holes. I fell behind 2 down to start but won 17 and 18 to even the match and we both had a chance to win on 10 and again on 12 Andy finally won on # 14 after 5 extra holes. Well done Andy.

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Sun, Jan 16 2011 5:18 AM

borntobesting:
    While we both had a couple of bad holes

Hmmm, you had to mention that.  If someone finds a brand new white GI2-SD2 by the potted palm in the lobby of the Old Course Hotel along 17 use it in good health.

BTBS is both a gentleman and formidable opponent.    Great match!  Thanks again.

Andy

• SgtDoodles
    3,112 Posts
    Sun, Jan 16 2011 6:19 AM

I would also like to congratulate a friend, timpa. Great person, great fun, and most importantly I beat him :)

Doodles

• StrangeMagic
    1,304 Posts
    Sun, Jan 16 2011 11:33 AM

andyson:
    Hmmm, you had to mention that.  If someone finds a brand new white GI2-SD2 by the potted palm in the lobby of the Old Course Hotel along 17 use it in good health.

It was me that found your ball, I was just about to carve into a steaming plate of Haggis in the members grill room, when in came your skulled approach shot and splashed gravy all over my feathers !!

StrangeMagic

RSS