Forums

Help › Forums

Pinehurst 2 - WGT is not fair and reasonable

rated by 0 users
Sun, Jan 3 2016 9:58 PM (3 replies)
  • GumerachaDave
    27 Posts
    Sun, Jan 3 2016 5:23 PM

just played round 3 in my club bracket tournament and this is what happened -

I withdrew from the event because WGT is an unfair game .....

1.  hit a 3 iron into the  6th/7th green -   205 yds away ...... my 3 iron 220 yrds......

the shot went 167 yrds ........didnt make the green......

2.  the 4th/5th is the par 4 with 500+ yrds .....hit perfect woods .......driver/3 wood and was still 90 yrds short .......

3.  hit shot 75 yrds into the 2nd green with cross wind to the left ..........dragged my ball to the left edge and then rolled into the bunker .......   when playing the bunker shot showed ball embedded 30-40 %  

4. putting is also inconsistant even tho it is playing 8.9   ........ 

hence I ended up 5 over after 6 holes and decided my anger is not worth it ....... 

Why is this game so unfair ......... play with the best equipment . hit the perfect shot and at the inopportune times during games the unusual will occur........  

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Sun, Jan 3 2016 8:57 PM

It's a tough course and needs practice. Knowing which side of the pin to land is the key.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Sun, Jan 3 2016 9:27 PM

GumerachaDave:
    Why is this game so unfair ...

And so can life be...get over it. For the record, whilst there is no doubt some variation as you improve, it is as fair if not fairer than the real game.

To be honest, I think your problems are that you have never really taken the time to learn the game fully. If you have these complaints playing from Masters tees after playing the game for 5 years, then it is more than likely user error.

Yes you have good clubs, but they are the tools you use. Go and buy the very best clubs on the market - do you think they will instantly help you play as well as Adam Scott?

Pinehurst is a tough course, as are many on WGT, treat it as a challenge and take the time to learn the course and the game. Ask your CC owner for hints and tips (he is a very good guy and will help) but blaming the game for your own inadequacies is not going to help you.

• GumerachaDave
    27 Posts
    Sun, Jan 3 2016 9:58 PM

so you are tellling me that a perfect shot ........got the ding .....  and that means you lose 50-60 yrds from a 3 iron 220 yrd club is acceptable ............  your *** killing me ..... if it was a shank, playing real golf that you stated  you could understand that .......  but this isnt real golf and you must delusional to even think that.

all i am after is consistantly, and playing REAL GOLF when you practice you know what each club can do and therefore adjust to it ........this game doesnt have the consistancy and each shot is a bit of luck ..........  most times it is around the mark but when it is off ...........IT IS *** OFF...........

you are playing the golfer ............. WE ARE THE ONES WHO MAKE THIS GAME WHAT IT IS......  instead of blaming me not practicing enough or the course ( i know pinehurst is a tough course and therefore not looking for subpar round but to be a master and to be 5 over after 6 holes.......... there is some thing  wrong ............

RSS