Forums

Help › Forums

Pin Placements

rated by 0 users
Tue, Feb 8 2011 6:09 PM (5 replies)
  • BigE22
    2 Posts
    Mon, Feb 7 2011 6:01 PM

Being new and entering only my second month of play ,do pin placements ever change for stroke play on the 4 courses?  If so how often?  Also, do they change each month on all the courses for the monthly Closest-to-Pin contests?  Thanks.

• Joeyola
    1,210 Posts
    Mon, Feb 7 2011 7:54 PM

Some of the courses have different pin placements.  Not a big thing with me but I know Bethpage and St. Andrew does that.  And as far as I can tell, WGT does not have a rotational system for pin placement...it's more random.  

Joey

• Noobingalltheway
    222 Posts
    Tue, Feb 8 2011 5:00 AM

Oakmont and Kiawah just have "Default" pin placements...they never change

STA and BPB both have 2 placements on each hole. (Easy, and Hard) and it'll pick whichever it wants, when it wants. But if you create a CC Tourney, it will allow you to choose which ones you want

Rob

• BigE22
    2 Posts
    Tue, Feb 8 2011 4:22 PM

I assume then, that for each month's Cloest-to-Pin contests, each course uses the same 9 holes, approach shots,  and pin placements?  Doesn't that get old after  a while?.  Is there any talk of WGT working on changing holes and pin placements in the future.

Ed

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Tue, Feb 8 2011 5:39 PM

As far as CTTP, I think pins/locations stay where they are. One may say it's boring but most others agree, it takes many many hours to perfect each shot for each hole.

BP and STA have random pins and I have played both courses many times and still find many pins challenging and obviously not boring:)

-wgticon

• jbenny11
    863 Posts
    Tue, Feb 8 2011 6:09 PM

New pins on Kia. Is. is so far over due it's laughable. Did WGT just simply forget about their first child? JB

RSS