Help › Forums

Posting Scorecards. (Yes Again)

rated by 0 users
Sat, Feb 4 2012 11:28 PM (15 replies)
  • PAGES
  • piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Fri, Feb 11 2011 4:23 AM

Well I've eventually learned how to take a screenshot and even managed to download it via Irfanview onto my computer. Then I uploaded it to Imageshack, but I can't work out which code I need off their page and then how to get it onto a blog or forum page on here. Could anyone help? You'll need to speak slowly and use small words as I'm old and non PC literate. Thanks.

• Noobingalltheway
    222 Posts
    Fri, Feb 11 2011 4:41 AM

Few pointers here on uploading an image. I'm not great myself but I am somewhat capable... Ok, first you need to save the image to your Computer. To do this, press "prt scrn"button (should be found near the "home", "insert" and "delete buttons")

Open up an image editor (something like paint, photoshop etc) and paste your image in (press ctrl+v together, or Edit > Paste)

Crop your image** (just take the part that you want to post, i.e. the scorecard itself) copy this and paste it into a new Paint file.

If you have a huge white border around your file, you may want to change the file attributes or it won't display correctly. To do this in Paint: press Ctrl+E together or click Image > Attributes.

For a scorecard, you'll want the attributes to be around 950 width by 450 height, but you can play around with it yourself.

Once happy, save your file. You will then need to upload it to a website somewhere, usually an image hosting website like Photobucket but you could upload to your Facebook profile and grab it from there.

Once uploaded, find the image in your photobucket album, it will give you a few links - you need to take the one labelled "Direct Link".

To upload this to a forum: go to write a new post / reply to a post etc, click the "insert media" button along the toolbar (just over halfway through the icons, looks like a filmstrip).

Paste the URL in the first box (the link you copied earlier from where your picture is stored) - make sure that you delete what is already in there first. 

Change the Width to 450 and leave the height as is, then click Insert. 

If all goes well, it should hopefully come out. If not, just ask and I'll try my best to help you!

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Feb 11 2011 5:25 AM

Rob got it right but let me simplify it a bit. You got the hard part right, you have the ImageShack info in hand. The Direct Link is what you right click on and copy.

Here's where it's easy to get messed up. When you click the green icon in the toolbar above ( next to the broken piece of chain link) you get this...

The circled number is the default width of your upload. You can change this to whatever you want and 450 is what makes the whole pic fit in your post. More important is that "http://" that is highlighted in blue-delete that before you paste that Direct Link. (The DL already has that .) Then just paste your Direct Link from Image Shack there and click INSERT. Your link will be in the post.

Lastly, at Image Shack, before you upload your pic, you can set the size in the box right above the UPLOAD button. When you click on that drop down list you get this...

In this post the first 2 images I show are sized at 320x240. The last image is at 640x480 and the 550 was changed to 450. This way you can see the difference in the sizes. Hope this helps.  GL

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Fri, Feb 11 2011 6:18 AM

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Fri, Feb 11 2011 6:19 AM

That'll do. Thanks all. I was just a bit proud of just the 9 putts on Bethpage.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Feb 11 2011 6:38 AM

Great job on both, Piz. Now you can post like you can putt.   :-D

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Fri, Feb 11 2011 6:54 AM

Just trying to hone my new found skills. Please bear with me.

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Fri, Feb 11 2011 10:18 AM

sounds like you got it.

you could probably crop a bit more.

-wgticon

• Switz71
    278 Posts
    Fri, Feb 11 2011 4:25 PM

Great round with the flatstick Mr. PT

• BigTeeler
    264 Posts
    Fri, Dec 2 2011 10:37 AM

Just shot this today and testing out my posting abilities.

• PAGES
RSS