Help › Forums

New here, hello!

Thu, Mar 17 2016 5:42 PM (10 replies)
  • PAGES
  • DorkSirjur
    5 Posts
    Mon, Mar 14 2016 5:18 PM

Hi all!

Signed up here today after having this recommended to me by wgtbugsy, who I play The Golf Club with often. Played a few rounds and still adjusting to how completely different it is but having fun hacking my way to +5 over 9 holes! I managed an eagle on one hole though so yay!

Thought I'd start a thread as I'm quite active on a lot of forums so like to get to know people, and I'm looking forward to developing my game, learning the ins and out and maybe playing with a fair few of you!

Feel free to add me as a friend and I'll be up for some games if you can stomach a complete newbie :D

Cheers,

Chris.

• Beryman
    9,098 Posts
    Mon, Mar 14 2016 5:51 PM

welcome Chris...have fun

• K7JBQ
    1,468 Posts
    Mon, Mar 14 2016 7:44 PM

Welcome, Chris, and congrats on the Eagle. Took me a lot more games than that to get my first one!

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Tue, Mar 15 2016 1:27 AM

Welcome Chris, I am sure you will have fun.

Only thing I will say as a starter, do not buy any clubs for a while as you will outgrown any purchases quickly.

Try all the courses and all the shots.

• tigrecaca
    193 Posts
    Tue, Mar 15 2016 3:32 AM

Welcome Chris. Be patient and have fun!

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Tue, Mar 15 2016 8:50 AM

Hey, Chris ! For a great many, this game answers the lonely and fills a certain void like nothing else. Glad you found it....it's a lot of fun.

~ SP ~

• lee22sharon
    1,419 Posts
    Tue, Mar 15 2016 11:34 AM

Naysayers abound here!  Don't listen!  Play your own game, Seek out those on the forums who can help you,  all others beware.

A great place for alone time.  You can yell, cuss, throw things no one will know, ha ha ha.

Have FUN!  my nickle.

• DorkSirjur
    5 Posts
    Wed, Mar 16 2016 8:26 AM

Cheers for the responses guys and gals!

I've got much better equipment now thanks to some help from peeps, and I can actually control the ball somewhat. Getting to grips with it all finally, and most of all, having some great fun!

• Syxguns
    178 Posts
    Thu, Mar 17 2016 7:38 AM

DorkSirjur:

Cheers for the responses guys and gals!

I've got much better equipment now thanks to some help from peeps, and I can actually control the ball somewhat. Getting to grips with it all finally, and most of all, having some great fun!

Welcome Chris!

As stated before don't purchase equipment too early.  In fact purchasing equipment too early will have you have to turn around and sell it back to WGT at only 1/4 what you paid for it.  Early levels go fast, and if you wait until at least level 29 before making purchases you will be able to have clubs that will last you until you make Legend.

I have a lot of helpful articles on my website that you may check out, but start with this one.  New to WGT?  The clubs mentioned there will give you the distance and accuracy that you need.

Have fun playing WGT!

• PAGES
RSS